Chapter 1:the gift of wonder

I wake up to the usual sound of my alarm clock and my sister playing the radio on her phone while In the bathroom.Me and my sister Daisy are completely different people but we still love each other.Me and my brother Daniel we cool he usually with his friends and bitchy girlfriend named Karima Mcranty she just so bitchy and dumb.I get up off the bunk bed me and my sis share and get ready for another day of school.

"Gabe called me for a date tonight and guess what,I heard mom is going out with her friends Shane and Wanda to the casino."

"Yes I know moms excited and what about the lil sis one of us have to watch her cause Daniel hanging out at Rodgers house tonight "I say with concern.

"Yeah but come on fat face(the nickname my family gave me)you know this is a senior not just any senior he's the sexy basketball player I've been telling you bout and he has play off tickets for two people And it's for best girl he take to dinner so please! For me?"

"Yes I will watch Megan" I say with a sigh.

"Your the best and I promise I will repay you like always"says Daisy with happiness in her tone.

I go in the shower and the hot water is gone like the usual,it's a fight to who gets the hot water day and night.I sigh and put my hair in a loose ponytail and put some gel to lay down my edges,I put on my California republic hoodie and black joggers with my black vans with cats on them.I grab my leather backpack and put my school stuff in there and I walk out the door.

12:30 lunch time
Me and my friends were laughing at each other's corny jokes and weird suggestions until I saw a girl I never saw before she was looking down at her school schedule looking confused.I get up causally and go up to her and tap her shoulders politely wondering how she will respond.

"Hey I didn't know if you needed any help but I see your confused,do u?"I ask.

"Yes I'm confused isn't the adv science in room 504 or 304,I'm just preparing after lunch"says the girl.

"it's 304 and mr.bob is boring"I say laughing

"But anyways my name is Tina I came from Jacksonville middle school to here."

I smile and say"nice to meet you I'm Maddie do you want to sit with my friends lunch don't end after 25 mins?"

"Sure I'll love too"says Tina with relief

Me and Tina go to the table and I introduced everyone to Tina  and Tina to everyone else and everyone seem fine.We all continued joking and Tina wasn't shy at all she's a social butterfly I can see,she was pretty cool and chill.We all give her suggestions on teachers and on the meanest girl at this school and that girl name is Jenny foyer.

"I can deal with bitches I came from the ghetto school and I know how to fight bitches"Tina says laughing.

"Wow ok we'll be careful cause the principle here don't play he has a 3 strike and your out rule with fighting"says my best friend Abigail

"I will!At Jacksonville people brought knives and guns in there book bag and you needed to defend yourself there"says Tina.

Everyone at are table exchanges confused and nervous looks at Each Other while trying to figure out what she's talking bout.while everyone look at each other I examined what Tina looks like.

Soon after the awkward silence she laughs really hard while eating popcorn and then taps her feet

"Why everyone silent I didn't hurt anybody there my mom took me out cause some girl made a death threat saying she was going to kill me so my mom toke me out as fast as she could"says Tina laughing.

Everyone soon started talking again until the bell rang and when the bell rings that mean 7th-9th grade lunch leaves for the 10-12 grade lunch to come in so we all said bye and hustled out.i showed Tina to the next class which is ADV science that was my class next.When we got there Mr.Bob made Jenny switch seats(aka she sits with me)with Tina and that's when shit started to begin.

"Eww I have to switch with this ugly ass bitch fucks no"says Jenny with disgust.

"Young lady don't use that....."Mr.bob try's to say until he was rudely interrupted

"Excuse me but I'm not an ugly bitch I know I'm sexy as hell its you who's ugly look at you your ass is flat but your trying to wear those booty shorts and u have no tits but you can see you stuffed napkins down your training bra so go through puberty please bitch before saying anything to me!"says Tina laughing profusely.

"Ok that's enough!Jenny your getting an office referral and a month long detention and you Ms.Tina Castillo your new but don't use that language in this class ever now sit your butt down"says Mr.Bob.

Tina sits down with anger in her eyes but same time she looks at me a laughs and I soon laugh as well but I turn to see Jenny and she is mad cause the class is snickering at her.Jenny shots Tina the evil look while fumbling in her book bag.

"Tina your name is different from black people last names what your mixed?"says a football player named Dave who's laughing at his unfunny question.

"I'm a black Dominican with a Puerto Rican dad you got a problem"she says annoyed.

"No just asking"he responds back.

To be continued.........