Chapter 2: Seduction By Introduction

Jaosn POV

Once Aphrodite (or Venus as I know her) left, things got more awkward and tense than they were already. I studied the girl whose hand I am holding on to. I shuffled my feet awkwardly, my tone guarded and weary, as I said, "So . . . you're a demigod?"

Percy, the girl, shot me a bemused look. A cautious looked masked under confusion, I realized after analyzing her properly. As naive as she'd looked, she wasn't an idiot: she knew I wasn't normal by any means. "Yeah,'' Percy finally replied warily. "What about you?" Her tone was curious and light-hearted; I had a feeling that the latter was forced.

My body went rigid as my demigod instincts screamed at me to be wary as I saw Percy's hand slip into her pocket jeans. A weapon, she was a demigod, she must have had something to defend herself from monsters. As casually as I could, my hand went into m pocket where my weapon was - Ivlivs in mist form was. Though I had to wonder how would we battle one another with each other's hand stuck like that?

"I'm the son of Jupiter. I'm a child of Rome, counsel to demigods, praetor of the First Legion. I slew the Trojan sea monster, I toppled the black throne of Kronos and destroyed the Titan Krios with my own hands." I expected Percy to start gawking at me, but instead, she looked like those were small goals and had done better.

Percy POV

After the son of Zue- I mean Jupiter finished saying his titles he looked sort of arrogant as if he expected me to gawk at him and look up at him in admiration. Typical son of Zu- Jupiter.

I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows. "A child of Rome you say..." I looked at him now thoroughly confused. But as irritated as I was, I was more irritated by how arrogant Jason had sounded when he introduced himself - I wanted to rub it in that I was superior than him.

"I am the only ever living demigod daughter of Poseidon. I'm from Camp Half-Blood." I hesitated. "Defeater of the Furies and the Minotaur twice, Retriever of Zeus's master bolt and Hades Helm of Darkness, Deafeter of Ares, Sailor of the Sea of Monsters, Defeater of the Hydra, survivor of the Sirens, Retriever of the Golden Fleece, Defeater of the Nemean Lion, Bearer of the Sky, Defeater of Antaeus, Wanderer of the Labyrinth, Defeater of Phobos and Deimos, Retriever of Ares' Chariot, Retriever of the Sword of Hades, holder of the Achilles Curse, Defeater and bane of a whole butt- load of monsters, Child of the Prophecy, Defeater of Iapetus and Hyperion, Bane of Kronos, and Heroine of Olympus.

I took a deep breath and sighed, " Man that was a mouth full,"

Jason looked impressed but he said," Really? A girl like you?"

Jason POV

I was impressed but some part of me refused to believe it. "Really? A girl like you?"

I guess that was the wrong thing to say because Percy glared at me and said, "I'm older and much more experienced than you, boy. '' with so much venom and coldness (especially the last word) that it made me shiver.

It was then that I realized why I was stuck with Percy of all the girls in the world. She was a Greek demigod, daughter of Neptune - in Roman form- and one of the Big Three children; it was a well-known fact that children of the Big Three often fought one another. I will never get along with her. And then there was her personality to consider too. I am good at reading other people's emotions and I can tell Percy is someone who would always defend those precious to her - in more ways than one.

"The name is Jason," I grumble, offended that she couldn't remember my name.

"Whatever," she said. Percy started walking dragging me along with her. I felt miffed that she brushed me off as if I was no importance - but I was sure it was because of our Roman - Greek blood that makes us generally enemies in each other's eyes. Nevertheless it I thought it was... somewhat refreshing to meet someone that didn't look up at me with awe just because I was the son of the King of Olympus.