Chapter 1

They were walking out of the building when she felt a hand on her head holding her back. Next thing she knew Jiyong's arm was wrapped around her shoulders and his hand was on her head, pulling her close while hiding her face completely. He whispered, "Just follow my lead."

Dara couldn't see much as her hoodie was pulled so low. She had no choice but to follow his lead. She could her people shouting both their names. It all happened in a rush. The next thing she knew they were at the club's entrance and her hoodie was pulled off. People were shouting and she didn't know what to do as she was sure that they were both caught on camera so she just walked seemingly calm in the somewhat safer confines of the club.

"What happened back there, Jiyong? What kind of stunt were you trying to pull?" Dara turned angrily to Jiyong the first moment they were alone. Everything happened like a blur.

Jiyong looked somberly at her. "I'm tired of pretending. Why can't we just tell them we're together? It's been years already. Aren't you tired of hiding? Cause I am."

"The media will have a field day because of this. I don't want that. I want to at least keep some things private, Jiyong. We've talked about this before. You said you'd respect my decision. Now you do this?"Dara pulls off her scrunchie. She sits down with head bowed, her fingers running furiously though her hair.

Jiyong didn't say anything but he was pacing back and forth with his fists all balled up. After a while she sits up and looks straight at Jiyong. "If you were feeing this way why didn't you tell me? We could have talked about this. You just did whatever you wanted without asking me if I was ok with it."

"Fuck it. You wouldn't have agreed if we talked." Jiyong stopped pacing and glared at her.

"Of course I wouldn't have agreed to what you did just now. You made us into a circus, Jiyong!"

"Well, I'm tired of acting like I'm some sleazy baggage you need to hide. When we first started I understood that we had to keep quiet because 2ne1 was just starting but it's been more than 7 years already, Dara. What else do we have to prove to the world?"

He looked at Dara straight in the eye, "I'm sick and tired of evading people's questions about us. I can't stand hearing your fanboys gush about you while I who should have all the right couldn't. If you still want to hide our relationship then let's just end this." He walked out of the room and slammed the door without waiting for Dara's response.

The tears just silently fell the moment he left. The club music swelled as the door opened. She looked up with a hopeful look on her face expecting it to be Jiyong only to see that it was Bajowoo. He shut the door quietly, muting once again the upbeat music.

"He's attacking the booze like there's no tomorrow. I'm guessing the talk didn't go so well." He sat beside Dara and patted her on the back.

That was the last straw for Dara. The silent rain of tears suddenly became a torrential rainfall. She sobbed like her heart was being ripped out from her chest because that man-boy who left a few moment ago did just that - ripped her heart out. Bajowoo just kept silent and continued to pat her back gently, allowing her to release all of her pent-up emotions.