Forgive and Forget

Chapter 10

------------------------------

After the nurse brought Ashton to the clinic, I ran down the halls looking for Robbie.

I cant believe he would punch him! All he said was that I was a slut and he told me to shut up... I don't even know why I slapped him. That made things way worse.

"Robbie?!" I screamed, as I ran threw the empty halls. As I ran passed a classroom, something caught my eye. I backed up and looked into the classroom.

I sighed and twisted the doorknob open, slowly and quietly. There sat Robbie, head down, resting on one of the desks.

I quietly walked over to him and sat at the desk in front of him. I placed a hand on his arm and began to speak. "Robbie?" I whispered.

I looked down at his blood covered hands and a feeling of guilt and anger passed through me. I couldn't let it show though, that would make things way worse.

"Robbie, please talk to me." He slowly lifted his head and stared into my eyes. He wasn't crying, he wasn't angry. In fact, he showed no emotion whats-so-ever.

"Can you tell me why you just beat up my boyfriend?" I tried remaining calm.

He just continued to stare at me, not saying a word. "Robbie?"

"Hmm?" He answered back.

"Can you tell me why?" I slipped my hand into his and held it tightly. I didn't care about the blood that would now stain my hand, I just felt the need to comfort him.

"He told you to shut up. He doesn't seem like a very good boyfriend." I laughed and looked down at our hands, avoiding eye contact.

"Well, Jessica told him that me and you.. You know." I felt him tense up so I moved my attention up to him.

"That bitch." He mumbled and I laughed again. "Yeah."

"Well, have you ever done that with Ashton?" I widened my eyes and smacked him in the arm. "No!"

"Then why would he think, that just one night, out of the blue, you would hook up with me?" He asked curiously. I guess he had a point... Maybe Ashton wasn't the guy for me. Maybe that's why I've had this weird feeling about us.

I shrugged and turned my attention the ground. "Guess it just wasn't meant to be."

We stayed silent for a second, and I could feel Robbie's eyes watching my every move. "Is Ashton okay?" He said.

I nodded my head. "He was taken to the clinic, he'll be fine." I reassured him.

I saw a faint smile creep across his face. "What?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing, It just feels like we're young again. When we would look out for each other no matter what."

I nodded and looked into his eyes. "I miss that." He added.

I smiled slightly. "Me too."

"Miranda, I know your probably still furious at me for the way I treated you, but could we possibly go back to being friends? Like the old days?"

I sat and thought about it for a second. In the last 4 days- I've met a ton of new people, made a moral enemy, Got into a girl fight over a seat, passed out and admitted my secret, kissed Robbie Kay- my bully, almost been raped, and broken up with my boyfriend. Wow. My life's a mess. Maybe I should be friends with Robbie. He's obviously sorry, and he did say he only bullied me to push away my feelings.. At first I thought it was bullshit, but now I'm starting to believe it.