four

f o u r

violet woke up at 7:00 the next tuesday morning. she frowned at her phone as she realized that jake has yet to text her again.

since friday, jake has yet to talk to her. this may make her sound like a bitch, but her biggest concern with this situation is the fact that it's been rough getting to school as he's always given her a ride.

everyday she found herself waking up earlier and making sure her hair looked perfect. making sure she put on more makeup. making sure that her outfits were more outgoing.

and even though she knew deep inside that it was because of a certain english teacher, she would never admit that it was.

she rocked out of bed after checking her messages and took a shower. after getting dolled up (again, more than usual) violet had to ask her mother for a ride to school.

"are you and jake okay?" her mother asked after grabbing her keys.

violet shrugged, "not really."

her mother glanced up at her, raising her eyebrows. "do you care?"

violet grasped her bag in her hands and threw it into her back carelessly. "not really."

--

"listen, violet. i know that i was being very immature that day and i should've just came to detention with you. if it makes you feel any better i have detention for the next 3 weeks starting friday?"

that was the first thing that violet heard when she sat in her seat in english. she didn't really care what he had to say, to be honest.

she remembered the conversation she had with her mom just a few hours before. it's hard to believe that after dating somebody for nearly a year you get bored that quickly, but that's just how she felt.

violet knew that her mom really liked jake, as whilst driving to school her mom seemed pretty bitter about the whole situation.

violet gave a big fake smile to jake. "it's okay jake. sorry i was such a bitch that day and i embarrassed you in front of your friends."

jake beamed at her, "it's really okay, violet. i know you didn't mean any harm you were just annoyed with me. i would be too."

jake sat down in the seat next to her. he scooted really close to her and kissed her cheek lightly. she turned away from him, and saw mr sprouse glancing towards her. he looked to have been sending glances this way throughout the last few minutes.

the second bell rang shortly after, and soon the teacher started talking about what they were going to do today.

"before we start going over chapter 3 of the great gatsby, i think that a seat change is needed."

the whole class groaned, including jake. soon enough, the whole class was in different seats, and coincidently jake and violet were as far from eachother as possible.

violet was in the same seat she was in when she stayed after for detention. she found herself in the front row, right in the middle. right in front of mr sprouse.

jake, however, was in the back in a corner. mr sprouse gave a small smirk, "these seats are much better."

the teacher went on for a short while about homework and stuff, but violet just couldn't focus.

violet heard her phone buzz, she took it out quickly and saw that it was jake.

hang out with me tomorrow. my place? xx

before she could even type a quick sure the phone was being tugged out of her hand by mr. sprouse.

"really, violet? considering you're basically failing this class I would strongly suggest that you pay attention." he was causing a scene.

"what?! brianna is on her phone t-"

violet got cut off when mr sprouse gave her the biggest glare in the world. "no."

the teacher still had her phone in her hand, and he seemed to be looking at it. he brought it with him back to his desk while still reading it.

"and detention tomorrow right after school."

violets jaw dropped. she glanced over at brianna who was laughing at her. it was very obvious that violet wasn't the only person in this entire class that had her phone out. all mr sprouse had to do was look to the right and see brianna on hers.

she knew that she couldn't have detention today technically, since she was staying after with mr sprouse for tutoring, but she was angry at the fact that he read her text and still gave her a detention tomorrow when he knew she was going to hang out with jake.

violet let out a deep sigh, but didn't say anything more. it wasn't worth it because it seemed that mr sprouse was always going to win.

---

is this dumb I'm SORRY I feel like y'all are gonna judge whatever I write lmao

thank you for nearly 400 reads!!!!!  I honestly don't even know what I have planned to do yet for the next chapter all I know is it's going to take place right after school djkdkc

is this going too fast??? Please let me know and give me suggestions idkdkd?? 😩