three

t h r e e

^ daddy

"looks like you're boyfriend is late to detention ms. johnson," mr sprouse grumbled under his breathe. his feet were hanging up against his large desk, him sitting in his usual chair reading a lengthy novel. he was not looking up at the girl at all, barely acknowledging her existence.

she was perched in the front row right in the middle so that she about was about a foot away from his desk.

"he definitely won't be coming because he clearly has better things to do," she scoffed, her tone harsh but she really didn't care. she was still kinda pissed.

that was the first time the english teacher looked up at violet whilst she's  been in his class. he didn't say anything but intently stared at her. she began feeling slightly uncomfortable and found herself playing with the hem of my skirt.

she still felt his eyes on her, and as she looked up at him again his stare immediately went to the stephen king novel he had in his hand. after a few more minutes of her impatiently biting down on the end of her pencil and fixing her slightly-too-short skirt, mr sprouse finally spoke up.

"i needed to talk to you anyways," he took his two crossed legs and pulled them away from the large desk. he put his book down and stood up for a few seconds as he strolled over towards her desk.

"if i have faith in anybody in your english class, it's definitely you, violet. mrs bruso never fails to tell me very good things about you. you are definitely her favorite student - and looking at your grades now compared to last year are very horrendous. within just a few weeks you've managed to nearly fail english. is there something wrong that i can help you with, ms johnson?"

violet was flabbergasted when she heard that she was almost failing english. mr sprouse was right. english has always been her best class. what is she supposed to say?

sorry, mr. sprouse. youre so god damn handsome that i physically can't focus on anything else.

despite the last sentence being 110% true, she knew that she had to come up with an excuse quickly.

"i-uhh i'm just not a huge fan of the great gatsby?" her answer came out more like a question, and that caused the perky english teacher to raise his eyebrows.

"i could try to find you a tutor - although since you've always been known for being the best in class they might not know as much as you which defeats the purpose. i, however, am open from tuesday to friday every week. we could pick a day and study after school?" mr sprouse asked curiously.

violet looked up at him, and she didn't know what to say. how awkward would it be when he's trying to teach her the meaning of the boring book and he looks up to see her gazing at him constantly?

"i....guess so?" it came out moreso like a question because if she was being honest, she didn't want to. she had to show she was dedicated to her works though, because passing all of her classes is very important.

"how about we start now then?" he took her pencil out of her hand, and started jolting down questions on a plain piece of paper that was already on her desk.

"question 1. how does nick know daisy and tom?"

mr sprouse was expecting an answer immediately, but a few seconds after she still hadn't said anything. violet avoided eye contact at all costs and was angry at herself for not paying attention in class.

why does he have to be so beautiful? it's so distracting.

"why thank you, ms johnson. but that hardly has anything to do with the great gatsby."

violet sat there astonished at the fact that she accidentally said that out loud. fuck. mr. sprouse had a very noticeable smirk plastered on his perfect fucking face.

violet didn't say anything but she found herself looking anywhere but at the model in front of her.

she was gazing down at her feet when she felt a hand on her mid thigh- reminding her of the first day of school when jake did the same gesture towards her. she remembered mr sprouse keeping his eyes on her boyfriends hand for quite a few seconds that day as well.

she jolted in her seat at the unexpected contact, and he immediately took it off. he let out an awkward cough and looked back at the desk he was sitting in.

it was silent for a good 5 minutes, until he spoke up again. "detention is nearly over. what day is best for you to meet with me?"

violet started putting away her things quickly, mumbling "tuesday" before getting up from her seat.

violet gave the teacher an awkward smile before walking out of the class, but not before hearing mr sprouse let out an exasperated sigh the second her feet were out of sight.

---

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO UPLOAD IM A FLOP AND I HAD WORK AND SCHOOL AND JUST A LOT OF STRESS OkAy 😩

ik it's stupid but if you could vote for this it'd make me happy so if u want an upload all ya gotta do is vote!!!!! Feedback is also gr8