Season 1 Episode 7

*WARNING* These chapters may contain spoilers to the episodes!!!

Once again, we start out at pyramid. Abby announces that she is going to be casting a whole new team, rather than one or two girls, to go up against her original team. She also informs Maddie that she will probably be on the new team, but Christi also reminded us that the team did a piece without Maddie, and still won ("Hear No Evil"). 

Now on to pyramid. The first person on the bottom row was Chloe for getting fourth place in the solo. Kendall and Nia were next for not being first. Next was Kenzie for not "shining like the Chrysler Building." Then, first on the middle row was Brooke, also for not shining or standing out. Then came Paige for having "the look" not the technique. And on top was Maddie. 

Abby confirms they will be going to New York City and competing at Sheer Talent. She also tell Paige that she will have a can-can solo named, "Ooh La La." Brooke too has a acrobatic contemporary piece called, "Purple Reign." In addition to the solo, Paige will also be competing in a duet with Chloe entitled, "Wishbone." "Beautiful Revenge" is the name of the group dance, because they're all beautiful, and she needs revenge on NYC for losing the last time they were there. 

The third and final open call will take place this week, and it is confirmed that Chloe, Christ, Paige, Brooke, and Kelly will be helping Abby with it. Christi asked what the other girls will be doing during the audition, and apparently they will all be competing at Nuvo Dance there in Pittsburgh. In addition to that, Kalani (from AUDC) will be going with them to perform a duet with Maddie. 

From there, they start group rehearsal right away. Honestly, it seems like the group dances are just Maddie solos with six back up dancers doing uniform movements. Meanwhile, the moms are asking themselves what Abby is looking for.

In the middle of the rehearsal, Kalani and McKaylee come in to watch the rehearsal. I think it's funny, though, that McKaylee was the winner of the whole entire show, but it's Kalani getting the spot on the team, and all the attention with the girls. 

After the break, the duet is rehearsing. Abby says that the duet is inspired by a wishbone because Paige and Chloe are together throughout the entire thing, they're best friends, until the wishbone breaks, and that's when it ends. 

Brooke then comes in to rehearse her solo in her costume, and it's beautiful. As Kelly is telling about the solo, she says it's like the old Brooke is back, and I like it whenever Kelly or Abby says that because the old Brooke is what we all fell in love with.

Right after Brooke leaves, in comes Paige for her solo rehearsal. The music sounds phenomenal! Abby sounded quite pleased with the solo, but suggests pulling her from the group to concentrate on the solo, but nothing was definite. 

We then go to the auditions. I thought it was sweet that everyone was chanting "Chloe" as they walked in. Abby came backstage and Christi was telling Abby to teach Chloe, Brooke, and Paige the combo so that they know what to demonstrate to the boys and girls waiting. Abby was confused as to why they wanted to know it, and also said that it was "embarrassing" that they were wearing her dancewear line. I want to know why she had a problem with it when Maddie and Mackenzie did the same thing when they helped at the other auditions. Luckily, Christi and Kelly had extra clothes for the girls. 

The audition then commenced. While the other girls/boys were stretching, Chloe was crying backstage, and I felt so bad for her. As the girls ended their dances, Abby started eliminating and keeping girls and boys. She then kicked out one girl, and of course there's always that one mother that speaks up for her daughter. Abby told the mom that it was her feet and right shoulder, and the mother had some very rude things to say in return. She said that her daughter had better turns than Paige, no doubt, but made sure to say "no offense" to Paige. Abby looked at her in disbelief and brought the girl and Paige back out on to the floor to do the turn section. Abby counted off, and sure enough, the girl didn't do a single pirouette, but Paige nailed three or four al a secondes in to I believe a double pirouette and from there went directly in to a turning jete. Way to go Paige! It must have felt like she conquered the world. Abby then dismissed the mother and the girl together. Christi told the woman as she was leaving, "Abby always says, she can talk about her dancers but nobody else can." I felt moved for some reason by the whole scene.