Dance Moms Cares Special

*WARNING* These chapters may contain spoilers from the episodes!!!

We start off this episode just a bit differently than most. Abby is talking with her mother about the competition and what the money goes to and all that jazz. She even talks about her mother and what she did as a dancer and as a dance instructor.

We then go back to the ALDC for the pyramid. Abby talks to the group about the incident at nationals. Payton obviously was there at pyramid for this episode, however Chloe was not. It had been said that Christi did not get back with Abby as to whether or not Chloe would be attending.

Abby revealed that the competition was Starbound in Atlantic City, New Jersey. She also told Maddie she would have a musical theatre solo entitled, "Maddie." Brooke also had a contemporary acrobatic solo entitled, "Wake." The last solo went to Payton. It was a jazz solo entitled, "Can You Predict the Future?"

The group dance, "Beautiful Sadness," a tribute to Abby's mom, was going to feature everyone but Payton. Abby said it was a test to see if Abby was right about Payton being better for the senior company.

Abby also told the girls and moms that they'd be helping her get ready for the grand opening of her brand new dance wear shop, Broadway Baby! The store is a reminder that Abby's deceased dog, Broadway Baby, will always be remembered.

As the girls were rehearsing, the moms were talking about the last time they got their mammogram and Jill revealed it had been years since she's last gotten one. Melissa suggested they all go together to get one.

As the group was rehearsing, Abby started crying. Leslie had said that it made her very sad to see Abby cry and that she knew how Abby felt. She said that her mom had died of cancer. She too, obviously, was crying, and it made me feel really bad for Leslie and Abby. No matter how "mean" they are or portrayed as, they're human beings and nobody wishes that on anybody.

When Brooke went in for solo rehearsal, Abby was telling her that Payton wanted to steal her spot on the team. Also, Abby told Brooke every time she didn't wear an ALDC top, she'd have a job to do. So in result of that, she made Brooke tie her shoes which the moms thought that was cute but I thought it was pretty weird.

When the moms went in to get their mammograms, Jill was very nervous and quiet. Kelly and Jill both went together and got their results together. The doctor said they both had "dense" breast but had nothing to worry about. Jill was very relieved and was glad because of her own life and her family's life.

The next day in rehearsal, Abby had told the girls that they would probably be going to the competition alone, without Abby. Turns out, Abby didn't go with them.

On the day of the competition all three girls ( Maddie, Payton, and Brooke) were getting ready for their solos. Right before making their way to the stage, Gianna reminded Brooke and Payton that there is only one spot for a teenager on the team.

The first solo up to the stage was Brooke. In all honesty, I think it was one of THE best times Brooke has danced. Her facials were the best, and all of her tricks were well executed and very smooth. She came out with confidence, ended with confidence, and it showed!

Next up was Payton. She looked striking on stage, really, however, her dancing/choreography was not the same as Brooke's. Her choreography was supposed to be jazz but because of the arms and the type if technique she was doing was more modern if anything. She looked very frantic and fast but when she would turn, it was so slow and she was barely getting through the sequence. At the end of it, I thought it was forgettable.

Last was Maddie. Her music is from an actual broadway show. The words actually say, "There's only one name on the top of the marquee, Roxy." Abby just edited to "Maddie." I thought the music was fabulous and so was her costume. I kind of favor this dance out of all of them because its musical theatre and to me musical theatre always wins by default. Also, I love costumes that are jazzy with the black fishnet tights. They are classic. Anyways, her turns were great and her leaps were, in one word, perfection. I'm not even a Maddie girl, but nobody can deny her face and dancing is great!

After the solos, they all went back to the dressing room to get ready for the group number. Kelly had asked Gianna who she thought had won between Brooke and Payton, and Gianna said, technique wise, Brooke had won.

With those words fresh in Brooke's mind, the girls went on stage for the group dance. I think the choreography for this dance was some of the best Abby has done, and I think it's because it was a tribute to the most important person in Abby's life. It was breathtakingly beautiful. The costumes were just simple blue skirted leotards with a blue flower crown in their hair which was down and wavy. Because the costumes were so simple, the dancing was brought out even more. It was all pulled together so well.

Awards came, and everyone was waiting with baited breath. Up first was solos. Maddie's division was first and of course she won. It was a no brainer, obviously. Then, the senior division. Brooke ended up coming in third, and beating her by just half a point, was Payton. I thought that wasn't judged correctly, though. However, the group dance, without a doubt, came in first.

When getting back into the dressing room, Gianna had Abby on the phone telling her the details of the competition. Payton asked Abby what it meant for her spot on the team and Abby said she didn't know. Obviously everything worked out because on the first episode if the 4th season, Brooke and Payton were both there.

At the end if the episode it said that the entire episode was in dedication of Abby's mother. They also showed part of a dance the ALDC did with other various ALDC dancers. I believe you can go in lifetime's website to watch the full dance.

(Hey so I'll have the regular episode's recap up tomorrow and I'm so sorry it took me so long to update! My wifi stopped working! Anyway, does anyone know if Abby's mother has died yet? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to leave me comments and inbox me! Bye!)