[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - ᴏɴᴇ]

- Chapter One:
-- Katie p.o.v --

"Katie get up!" I hear someone say while they shake me.

"No..." I whine, putting my head under the pillow, that my head was just on.

"Yes! Today is Star's birthday, come on." My best friend Savannah said yanking me up and out of bed. If you didn't know Star was Savannah's little sister, and she just loves unicorns.

"Fine!" I huffed, as I went to go and get ready.

After wrapping her present and getting ready, I walked down the stairs and saw Savannah waiting for me.

"So where is lover boy?" I asked as we walked out to her car as she drove off.

"Hunter? Oh, he's with Star. So that it can be a surprise party." She said, with such love in her eyes.

"Let me guess, you miss him already," I asked, looking at her giggling.

"Yeah..." She said with a loud sigh and this made me laugh, I had a boyfriend but I would never act like this.

We rode in silence until we made it to their house. Now you're probably wondering, they live together? Yes, they have been dating for as long as I can remember. They are engaged and Star is Savannah's little sister since their parents died in a crash. I remember how crushed Savannah was and Star not knowing what was going on, we were 12, at the time so my family took them in. We were already best friends, nothing can ever separate us.

"Katie, you decorate I have to bake the cake," Savannah said running inside.

"Why not just buy a cake?" I asked running in after her.

"Because I'm making it rainbow! This has to be really special for Star." She told me.

"Ok, I got this... Glitter everywhere! With pin the tail on the unicorn." I said grabbing the stuff out of the back of the car.

"Cool!" she said running away.

I ran around like a crazy person, and I didn't even hear the door open. I then ran into something hard, I looked up and I was met with the blue eyes that I fell in love with.

"H-Hey Evan..." I stuttered, looking down at my black converse shoes.

"Hey, Katie." He said, hugging me. "So I hear we're throwing Star a surprise party, how fun. She just loves me for some reason." He told me, not like I didn't already know...

"Yeah because you're good with kids.. you're good at everything..." I mumbled, still looking down.

"What was that?" He asked putting unicorn posters on the wall.

"Nothing!" I said and quickly got back to work on the decorations as Savannah burst through the door holding something.

"I can't do it!" She cried, showing us a burnt cake tossing it in the trash can. "I'm a failure!"

"It's ok, I can help you, I'm good at cooking," Evan said, which was true he won our towns cooking competition and he makes a mean pizza for our weekend sleepovers but what I didn't know is that all would change soon...

"Ok, but when did you get here?" Savannah asked following him into the kitchen, and I barely heard him reply. And that's how I ended up alone... again!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Surprise!" We all yelled as Star walked in with Hunter trailing behind her.

"Yay! Unicorns!" She screamed, grabbing a cookie, shoving it in her mouth and giving everyone big bear hugs.

-- Savannah's p.o.v --