And the main reason: I don't want her to avoid me.

I mean, who would want to be friends with someone powerful as the king? That would mean trouble for her, and also for me if she got in trouble. So, it's best if she doesn't't know.

I couldn't bear the thought of her avoiding me. Yeah, we just met and all, but for some reason, I was drawn to her. I don't know why exactly. I'm not very fond of girls except for my family.

I don't know why, but I like it when I'm close to Isabelle. She  has something that makes her stand out. You can't help but notice and immediately wonder what it is. She's beautiful, that's given. She's smart, headstrong, athletic, and so much more that I can't tell which one of her attributes makes me wanna stay with her. And because of that curiosity, I can't help but be by her side just to figure it all out.

Which reminds me of a few moments ago when she asked me something back at the cave.

What would I say back then?

(IN HIS HEAD)

"Do you wanna be stuck down here with me forever?" She asked.

I took a breath before saying how I truly feel,"I-I would. I want too."

She gasped, "You really do? Oh, Aspen. I feel the same way."

My eyes lighted up, "Y-you do? Oh, Isabelle. I wanna stay with you forever."

"There's no place, or cave, I'd rather be."

(BACK TO REALITY!)

Ugh, what's wrong with you, you stupid king?! You can't think those things about her! You just met her today and you're being like this. This is not like me.

"Woah!"

Suddenly, I felt a strong interrupting tug on my sleeve, dragging me to a booth.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Hey look! It's perfect!" Then she pointed out a booth that has daggers and a target.

"You just need to hit five targets with these daggers to win this sword." The keeper of the booth said. But, the daggers were not equal in size. I see soldiers trying but no one was able to hit five targets.

Wait!

Soldiers?

Those slackers?! I'm gonna tear their-

"Aspen, look at that sword!"

Okay. I'm gonna put those soldiers aside for now.

The sword, however, was quite a work of a fine blacksmith. It was sliver with a black hilt decorated with red and white stones.

"I wanna try!" Isabelle suddenly said, pulling out money to play.

"Ah! A brave young lady. Well, may luck be with you." The keeper said mischievously as he took the money.

I tapped her shoulder to warn her, "Isabelle. It's not worth it. I think he's a cheater."

"I know." She grinned.

I took a step back and blinked, "What?"

"Please. You think they'll be giving that sword away easily? Of course, there's gotta be a cheat. How would they earn?" She explained as got the daggers.

"But how will you-"

"You just have to outsmart these losers. Watch." Then she positioned herself far from the targets. She threw one and it hit exactly at the middle. In a matter of seconds, a small crowd formed around her.