Chapter 20

Nicki was sat alone in the canteen. Breanna had made new friends as the time had gone on and Drake was talking to him boys and the other people he hung out with. Nicki had given him the freedom to hang out with other people when he felt like it as she felt shhe was depriving him from his popularity. He was now back to being Captin of the football team and so everyone wanted to be friends with him again.She just sat picking at her salad as usual. She had gone back to her habbits of not eating and letting the world get the better of her. She was getting there though. There was less cutting but the panic attacks were still there. Her mother had tried so hard to get her to see a counseller but she constantly refused. She felt that talking about her problems would only make them worse. No one really paid her much mind anymore , only Drake here and there. They were still together but he only really showed it outside of school and not really in school.

Like now she was sat in the canteen picking away at her salad no in the mood to eat. She was also starting to feel really warm and faint. She got her jumper and put in front of her as she was now used to the encounters of hitting her head on the table. It wasnt long before she zoned out and she could see where this was leading. Trying her best, she attemmpted to stay calm. It failed. She collapsed onto her jumper now highly struggling to breath with her jumper completely covering her face as she experienced a panic attack. Sadly no one had seen so no one could help her.

-

Drake was sat at a table in the canteen with his friends. He was just joking around with them and having a good time when all of a sudden he felt as if something wasnt right. He wasnt sure what it was and he couldnt just shrug it off. He looked around the canteen and found Nicki sat on her own with her face covered by her jumper and her head on the table. He could easily see that she was having a panic attack. He jumped up at the speed of lightening and made his way over to her. Everyone was now watching wondering what it was that had made him move so quickly.

He quickly Picked her up and mover her to the floor taking off his jacket and putting it under her head. She had now gone silent. Now that he had been dealing with her for quite a while he knew exactly what to do. He started a ten second countdown and luckily when he got to 2 she started breathing again but was still panicking.

Drake: It's Okay nic , I'm here. Calm down

She could hear him and it was helping.

Drake: In 2 3 4 and Out 2 3 4. Keep it steady.

She gradually calmed down and got her breathing back to normal. The nurse had shooed every one else off so that it was just drake that was sat with her. Her hands were still unsteady so he took them into his and help to get her steady again.

Drake: are you okay

she nodded. He kissed her hands as he looked her sympathetically , now blaming himself for the fact that she almost suffocated.

Drake: Do you wanna sit up

again she nodded. He helped her up and let her adjust to her surroundings.

Drake: Im sorry. I should've paid more attention to you. What was i thinking

Nicki: Its okay it wasnt your fault

Nurse: Are you okay now nicki

Nicki: Yes. Thank you

Nurse: no worries

Drake: It was my fault. If it wasnt for me being selfish and only caring about my popularity, You wouldnt have been in the situation you were

Nicki: Brey it wasnt your fault. You couldnt stop it whetheer you were here or over there you couldnt stop it.

Drake: but i-

Nicki: shh. no more blaming youself. I wont have it

He just let the guilt drown his thoughts instead.

-

Nicki was now walking to her locker. Just as she got there she began sorting out her books. She only had one more lesson to go and it was going to be a tough one. She had had 2 panic attacks already today and right now she could sense and another one coming. She made her way to the stair and half way up them managed to collapse. Luckily Dean was just behind her and caught her before she hit her head.

Dean: Chris go and get drake

Chris: we both know i dont talk to him

Dean: tell him its nicki and he wont be complaining.

Chris ran off and went to find Drake. He found him Talking to Ashley from the cheerleading squad. He was now more hesitant to approach him.

Chris: urm drake

Drake: what do you want

Chris: nicki's passed out on the stairs

Drake: and you just left her

Chris: she with dean

after the mention of the name dean he knew he had to get there quick. He was probably the one person that she would panic more if he even touched her. When he got there, everyone was crowding around her as usual. Drake went and picked her up and moved her to somewhere that she was stable. Mrs Michaels had now cleared the stairway meaning they had more space.

Drake: easy nic. slow deep breaths.

After settling her down and getting her back on her feet the nurse took her up to the library as that was probably the calmest place for her to be for last lesson.

-

It was the end of the day and nicki was walking around looking for dean. She found him stood by his locker texting someone. She walked upto him and he instantly greeted her.

Dean: Nicki, urm how are you feeling

Nicki: im fine now , i just came over to say thank you

Dean: what for ?

Nicki: catching me on the stairs. I could have been badly injured if it wasnt for you

Dean: no worries, anytime

with that she smiled at him and walked off making her way to her car.

Dean now just stood watching her walk away. There was something that he had recently been feeling when he was around nicki. He couldnt quite work out what it was but he knew whatever it was that it was something that was going to lead to an argument... between himself and Drake.

-------------------

sooo ... what is it that dean feels for nicki. could he too be falling for her or is it something deeper than that something with a bigger meaning. anyway 5 comments please

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X