49 ; lucky strike

Začať od začiatku

"How can I not be worried? With that guy still living in the castle... why didn't you killed him too?" The other younger masculine voice- probably the said Ryu raised his voice. "Who knows what that servant is currently planning.... aren't you scared at all, San-sama?"

"Of course, that younger Yu should be well watched too-"  Iruka's breath hitched. Everything seemed to make complete sense now. "-But I don't think he'll give as much effect as his brother had once done. He doesn't have any backup or assistance he can call help for, anyway. Besides, if he does...." Kakashi and Iruka held theirs breathes when they noticed the voices died down. Were they caught? Their assumptions were proven wrong when the old voice spoke again, the venom and wickedness sounding thick in his tone.

"If he does, we'll just finish him off in one shot."

------------------------------------

The day Kori dreaded arrived. It was the day of the coronation ceremony. He tried his best to hide the fear from showing on his face, but that attempt failed severely as Iruka patted his shoulders a bit too strong.

"Come on, you joined the Shinobi War!! This is nothing!!!"

"Says the person who wasn't at the war himself." After avoiding another hit from Iruka, he gave the latter a set of clothes before focusing on the unconscious servant they had called earlier that day. "Remind me to give a good explanation to him on why we're doing this. That is if I'm still alive."

"Kōri, you'll be fine." The servant let out an unsure laugh before they exited their room. Their aim was one, to go to the second floor of the east wing- where the Queen lives. Iruka took the time to look at the corridors, it was big and decorated with ribbons and lots of banners of the royal house. He couldn't take his eyes of the house emblem, a white ice flower on blue. It was simple but showed the powers the Fuyuhana's had. Kōri let the chuunin observed first before pulling him to the east wing.

Their journey was fine until they were stopped by the castle guards.

"State your name and business." The guards were too busy observing Kōri to notice Iruka who was disguising as the unconscious servant earlier. "Yū Kōri, I need to see the Queen to give her some medicine."

"Oh," He said bluntly before opening the door. Kōri pushed Iruka inside as he took the time to pass through the guards.

"Funny, I thought the Queen was under the councillors' spell, shouldn't she be healthy or .. well, not sick for other people to notice?" The other guard was confused and cautious as he watched the servant from behind. 'Wait a minute.' He recalled how Kōri's blue-gold orbs shone when he was questioned. He was quickly reminded of the orders he had received that morning from one of the councillors. 

"The second you see a servant with blue-gold eyes....

Kill him."

Both guards sprinted towards the servants, their hands were gripping to their swords tightly. One of them was about to make a blow- before the said attempt failed with Kōri blocking it.

"I think it's time to discard the servant outfits, right Iruka-san?" The other guard was distracted by the sudden poof as Umino Iruka finally appeared and threw a few kunai to their enemy. The kunai hit was accurate as the unfortunate guard was held to the walls. With one of them immobile, Iruka turned to help his partner, only to be rejected dreadfully. Therefore, he could only stand by and watched Kōri slipped away from the guard's sword before turning around and stabbing the guard right at the heart.

"Ah, I never liked you anyway." The swordsman mumbled before twisting the sword thus ending the poor guard's life. "Well, now that I know I'm threatened to be killed... that really made my heart at ease, Iruka-san." He got rid of the few blood stains that were still on his sword. "Now, all I need to do is make sure that I live until the end." 

"I never expected Nami to enjoy the presence of someone so... sassy." Kōri rolled his eyes upon the comment before ripping his servant clothes to show the same outfit he had worn during the war. "I'm nice to the Queen. Well, that depends on your definition of sarcasm and sassy, I guess. But you guys, on the other hand- are the definition of chaos." He pulled Iruka as they sprinted towards the stairs. "I just hope you're beloved Hokage doesn't screw up his part of the plan."

"Trust me, Kōri." Looking out at the window, Iruka noticed a figure sprinting as fast as lightning before it disappeared away. "Kakashi's a well-trusted man. We're going to end this mission with a 100% success rate. He won't screw up a mission."

"He better not, he started this mess, he better clean it up perfectly." 

-------------------------------

man, this took time to write. ahh i hate describing action.