There's Something In The Wardrobe

Thanks for all the reads, guys!

This one is a bit longer for a change.

Btw, did anyone like the two sentence horror stories in the last update? Cause I was thinking occasionally I could do a kind of "special" update where I do something a bit different. Not just two sentence horror stories, I'd mix it up and think of a few other things to do. Would anyone be interested in that...? Or should I just stick to the regular thing? Let me know!

7/10
_____________________________________________________

A little girl was tucked into her bed one ordinary night by her mother, and she fell asleep quickly. She was awoken, however, in the middle of the night by a loud scratching noise. Frightened, she realised the noise was coming from inside her wardrobe, as if there were some kind of animal in there. She lay still, shivering under her covers, hoping the noise went away.

The wardrobe door opened suddenly with a creak, and to the girls horror she could see a person crawling out of it. She stopped breathing, terrified. The person crawled along her floor clumsily and inhumanly, making a low shuffling sound as it headed towards the bed. In the gloom, the little girl couldn't make out what it looked like. It stopped, right by her bed. She was too scared to move or make a sound.

The bed side light flipped on suddenly, and the girl nearly screamed, but the noise caught in her throat. Bent over above her was another young girl. Her skin was ghostly pale and her dark hair was pulled up into two pigtails. She was wearing a strange frilly dress, and she too looked terrified.

"There's something in the wardrobe." She whispered in a scared, scratchy voice. "Help me. It took my legs." She paused, and then she turned and fell back onto the floor with a thump. She crawled back along the floor towards the wardrobe, and now the little girl could see the two, ugly bare stumps of where the strange girls legs had once been. She slithered and flailed along the floor without a backward glance, and crawled back through the door of the wardrobe, closing it behind her. The little girl froze. She was sure she must be dreaming.

Not five minutes later the door opened opened again and the girl fell out, her bunches bouncing. The little girl could see her clearly in the light; now, her whole waist was gone, all the way until her torso. She dragged herself along the floor with her hands like a grotesque lump of flesh, her expression blank. She stopped at the bed side again and heaved herself up.

"There's something in the wardrobe." She repeated, her voice fragile and hoarse. "It...it took my tummy." The girl stared down at the empty space where where stomach had once been. Then, she turned and fell off of the bed with another muted thump. She dragged her mutated body back to the wardrobe and climbed back inside.

The little girl lay in her bed, paralysed with fear, hoping desperately that the strange, half-eaten girl would not appear again. She tried to convince herself it was just a dream.

Ten minutes later, the girl crawled out of the wardrobe again. This time she was panting and sweating. Bile rose in the little girls mouth when she saw that this time, she was just a pair of arms, shoulders and a head. She half wriggled, half dragged herself along the ground, a determined glint in her black eyes. The little girl sat up in bed, horrified, as the repulsive piece of human neared her like a disgusting insect.

It crawled onto her bed, it's eyes wide and endless.

"There's something in the wardrobe." It said in an emotionless monotone. "It took my chest..." It's voice trailed off for a moment, but then it's eyes snapped back to the little girl, keen resolve set in them. "Come," it insisted, suddenly grabbing the little girls arm in an iron grip. "Come and see!"

"N-no," the little girl panicked, finding her voice. She tried to pull her arm away, but it was surprisingly strong. "L-let go!"

"Come into the wardrobe." It started dragging her over to the wardrobe, one arm pulling itself along while the other was clasped firmly around her.

"P-please," she sobbed, struggling. It's strength was inhuman; it barely flinched as it dragged her steadily along the ground.

"Come and see," it said calmly. It opened the door and began to drag her in.

"No! No! Someone help me!" She screamed, thrashing wildly. Her arm ached as it clung to her and slowly pulled her in. She gripped onto the carpet, but it pulled until finally she had to let go or her arm would break. She shrieked and sobbed as it reeled her in into the wardrobe.

The door slam shut.

*****

The next day when the little girls mom was searching for her, she opened the wardrobe and peered in to see if she was hiding in there. The mom was shocked and horrified the find the words painted in blood against the inside of the door:

Don't come into the wardrobe