Chapter 14

Skylar's POV.

"OLIVER! Oliver, answer me! Please!" I yelled, tears running down my face as I shook his shoulder but he remained motionless and pale, Alexandra kneeling down beside him and checking his pulse.

"He's alive, but he's very weak. Get him on one of the gurneys." She told us before we transferred him and she started hooking him up.

"Is he gonna he OK?" I asked while my tears slowly subsided, my hand going to his pale face.

"Yes. Barley."

"I have a important question. What the heck was that?!" Chase yelled, making us both shush him before Alexandra explained.

"It seems that recently, a new power has entered Oliver's system. Bringing people back from the grave and healing powers."

"But the only person who can do that is..." I trailed off before signing. "Of course."

"What?" Chase asked.

"Caduco. And Caduco is Horace. When Oliver escaped from his mother, he must've convinced Horace to pass down his powers to keep us safe."

Chase nodded just as Jesselyn burst in, seeing Oliver.

"Is he OK?" She asked as Chase side hugged her and I nodded.

"He'll be fine. Now, I'm gonna check on Elijah. I'll be back later." She smiled before leaving as Chase added.

"Yeah, and Jesselyn, I need to talk to you."

They both left, leaving me alone with my unconscious husband and I burst into tears again.

"Why would you do this, Oliver?"

Bree's POV.

"Hey baby." I smiled at Elijah as he looked at me with the large brown eyes that he and Izzy got from their dad.

Speaking of which, Kaz came down with Izzy at his tail as she ran over to me, hugging me tightly.

"Hey princess." I smiled as I hugged her before she let go and looked at Elijah.

"Is that the baby?"

"Yep. The baby was in my tummy, and now it's here." I smiled as she looked at him.

"What's his name?"

"Elijah." Kaz told her as she smiled widely.

"Hi Eli. I'm Izzy. Your big sissy. And I'm gonna be the best one." She boasted a bit before blowing a kiss at him just as Alexandra came in.

"Hi Miss Alex." Izzy waved as she picked up Elijah.

"Hey Izzy. Is it OK if I give your brother a checkup?"

"Yep. He needs to be healthy."

Alexandra started checking on him after Oliver had done something funky to him while Izzy laid on my chest and watched The Backyardagains on my phone while Kaz was with Alexandra.

Kaz's POV.

Alexandra took Elijah and I to a backroom where she started doing a ultrasound on his chest.

"So what are you looking for?" I asked as I felt him grasp my finger with his hand.

"Any traces of the infection. I think Oliver healed him." She told me.

"You think he used Caduco powers?" 

"Yeah. And Skylar thinks the same thing." She told me as she continued to rub the wand on his chest. "Yeah. The infection is gone. His lungs are still small, but he'll be fine." She wiped off his chest before putting him in a sleeper and wrapped him up, picking him up while he started moving his lips a little.

"Let's go back to Bree. I think he's hungry." 

We went back to my wife where she was cuddled up to Izzy but they turned off her phone as we came in there.

"Here he is. One hundred percent healthy." Alexandra put her in Bree's arms where Elijah snuggled up to Bree, making a few tears fall out of her eyes.

"He's so beautiful, babe."

I whispered, kissing her temple while holding Izzy who had climbed into my arms while Bree started feeding our son. Our miracle baby.

Chase's POV.

"Jessie, Oliver is gonna be fine. I promise." I assured her as she hugged me tightly.

"How can you promise that? My mom almost killed me, she killed my dad...I can't lose Oliver...I just CAN'T!" She cried as I rubbed her back just as Alexandra came upstairs, which made Jesselyn stand up immediately.

"How's Oliver?"

"Oliver and Elijah are gonna be fine." She smiled as she grabbed a packet of diapers, I'm guessing for Elijah, before going back down.

"See? They are both fine." I smiled as she smiled back.

"Thanks Chase."

"You're welcome...and Jesselyn?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"