Chapter 1

Skylar's POV.

A week after Bree and Kaz announced their second pregnancy, I went down to Mission Command to see Chase looking at the computer, typing furiously.

"Something wrong, Chase?" I asked as he scrambled to close the page.

"N-no." He stuttered, rubbing his neck as I sighed, knowing he was hiding something.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I-I'm thinking about adopting." He admitted.

"Chase, that's great. Why are you hiding it?" I asked.

"Cause, with Bree and Kaz getting ready for their baby, and Oliver being gone for so long, I didn't fell like I should tell anyone." He admitted.

"Chase, are you sure you wanna do this?"

"Yeah. I do." He smiled as he opened up the tab.

"So what are you doing?" I asked.

"Trying to figure out how much paper work goes into this." He told me with a chuckled as he continued looking.

"Well, I'll let you get to it." I told him as I went back upstairs just as Britney came down, running into Chase's arms as I heard him laugh.

I wish Oliver was here. Ryder and Jacob are gonna be three soon and he's gonna miss it. I couldn't stop thinking about how happy he was when they were born.

Flashback...

Oliver was sitting with me in the recovery room as I was feeding Ryder, smiling down at him as I gently adjusted his hat before looking up at him with him saying.

"He looks just like you. You know, if you were a newborn boy." He told me as I laughed before gently kissed Ryder's forehead, asking.

"How's Jacob?"

"We're able to apply light pressure to his head without him screaming in pain. Anything more then that makes him cry." He told me, just as Alexandra came over, holding Jacob before gently setting him in Oliver's arms as I saw Oliver well up with pride.

"You've got him?"

He nodded as she left us while smiling at him before Ryder fell asleep and Jacob started crying for me. We quickly switched off as he put Ryder down in the small bed before sitting down beside me again, kissing the top of my head while holding Jacob's hand, congratulating me.

"You did a good job, Sky. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks. Hey, this was partly you. You were constantly encouraging me, making me comfortable even when I didn't ask for anything, and you always made me laugh, through the ups and downs. And even before I was pregnant, you have always been there for me. And...I'm sorry I didn't tell you that sooner."

"It's fine Sky. Ryder's fine, I'm fine, you and Jacob are getting there. You just need a little more time to recover. And then things can go back to normal."

"Oliver, things will never go back to our old normal. We have twins now, we're together...we have to make a new normal. Are you prepared for that?"

He smiled as he held my hand, making me blush.

"Have you met me? I would go to Caldera and back just to be with you. And without a wormhole transporter. Of course, I will make a new normal with you."

He then leaned in, prepared to kiss me, and I let him while kissing back.

End of flashback...

I sniffled as I wiped the tears off my face, only for double the amount to fall before I heard heels click down the stairs.

"Skylar? What happened?" I heard Bree asked as she put her arm around me.

"I-I was just t-thinking about Oliver again." I whimpered as Bree hugged me before I whispered. "I-I don't think h-he's coming back."

"Skylar, he will come back. For you, for the boys, for the team. He said he would come back." Bree smiled reassuringly as I groaned.

"It's been two years, Bree. We were supposed to be married with you and Kaz. I need him back."

Soon enough, I started crying in Bree's chest.

"Mama? Why are you crying?" I heard Jacob ask.

I wiped my eyes and gave him a fake smile.

"It's nothing, sweetie. Where is your brother?" I asked as Ryder ran in.

"Mommy! I got a new power!" He told me as he ran through the wall before coming out of the other one. "Isn't it awesome?!"

"Yeah it is, bud." I smiled as I kissed his forehead before Izzy ran in.

"Mama? I think I found a new power." She told me as she opened her hand and beams of light came out, making Bree laugh. "This isn't funny! This is just dumb! How is this supposed to help anything?!" She complained as Kaz came down.

"Looks like Izzy got mama's flashlight hands!" He laughed as Izzy pouted, making Kaz sigh as he knelt down, putting his hand on his shoulder. "Sorry sweetheart. Luckily, mama can show you the real power of flashlight hands."

"Promise?" She asked.

"Yep." Bree smiled as Kaz and Izzy went down to Mission Command as Bree got up. "You gonna be ok, Sky?"

I nodded as I smiled before Bree left as I sighed.

'I wish Oliver would come back.'