Chapter 2

Chapter 2.
Bree's POV.
"Hey Breezy." I heard Kaz say as I stood up and hugged him while Skylar and Chase followed behind.
"How'd the mission go?" I asked as Skylar sighed before Chase groaned.
"You know how we have those missions where we DESPERATELY need Oliver's water and ice powers? This was one of them."
"Yeah. We're just lucky that some of the students showed up in time, or we would've been toast." Skylar said as she and Chase went downstairs to put up their gear.
"How were the kids?" Kaz asked as he and I sat on the couch while he wrapped his arm around me while I leaned into his embrace.
"Good. The boys and Izzy started training today and it wore them out. But I think Britney is coming down with something. She seemed tired and not as energetic as usual." I told him with worry as he nodded before placing his other hand on the small bump that had started to form, making my cheeks flush before he asked.
"How's our little Elijah?" He asked as I scoffed before adding.
"Edaline is fine."
While I was convinced we were having another girl, Kaz was still hopeful for a boy. I relaxed in his arms and was starting to fall asleep when I heard a hoarse voice whisper.
"Where's daddy?"
Kaz and I both looked over to see Britney holding onto her blanket as she sniffed and slowly walked over to us while I put my hand on her forehead and cheeks, feeling a slight fever.
"I'll go get your father, sweetie. Kaz, can you get her situated?" I asked as Kaz nodded while I went into the hyperlift where Skylar was doing some training while Chase was on his computer.
"Chase?"
He panicked as he shut the computer before looking at me.
"Yes Bree?"
I shook it off before explaining the situation with Britney as his eyes widened and he went into the hyperlift before I went over to Skylar.
"OK Sky. Spill. What's going on?" I told her as I crossed my arms.
"Chase will tell you when he's ready."
"Fine. I groaned as I went back upstairs.
Chase's POV.
I sighed as I put my hand on Britney's forehead while she shivered under my touch, even though I could feel heat radiating off her forehead before pushing the sweaty brown bangs out of her face.
"Daddy? I so cold." She told me as I grabbed another blanket and thermometer.
"I'm sorry, sweetie." I whispered as I placed the thermometer in her mouth and wrapped the blanket around her.
After the thermometer beeped, I pulled it out to see her temperature was 101.2., leading me to grab some children's Tylenol as I sat beside her as she recoiled in disgust as soon as she saw the medicine in my hand while she pulled the blanket over her head.
"No no, daddy. It ewwy."
"I know, baby girl, but I can make you some tomato soup after you take it." I bribed as she asked quietly.
"And gwilled cheese?"
I smiled as I pulled her blanket down.
"Yes. But take your medicine first." I told her as she reluctantly opened her mouth while I squirted it in and she swallowed with a disgusted look on her face before I handed her a glass of water and turned on Sesame Street before making her lunch. A few hours later, she had fallen asleep while I was out buying a baby gift for Bree and Kaz, along while being on the phone with a adoption agency before I ended carrying her upstairs just as Skylar came down.
"You OK?" I asked while shifting Britney in my arms.
"Yeah. I'm just gonna look at Mercury." She told me, since we all knew it was Oliver's favorite planet, I nodded.
"We have a busy day tomorrow. Don't stay up to late." I told her as she laughed.
"I won't, dad."
I rolled my eyes at her comment before taking Britney to her bed and laying her down, kissing her forehead,whispering.
"I love you, baby girl."
Before closing the door and going to mine and Kaz's room, falling asleep.
Skylar's POV
I sighed as I finally left the terrace after looking at mercury before I heard a knock, making me tighten my bathrobe, knowing the alarm would've went off if their was any weapons on the person, not to mention I had super powers as I opened the door,the sight making tears run down my face as I covered my mouth with my hand as I uttered one word.
"O-Oliver?"