Chapter_1

The wounds of love can only be healed by the one who made them ~ Syrus Publilius

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

"Deeper," He whispered breathlessly, as his hands shook, the kunai almost slide out of his hand, but he kept a firm grip on it, not wanting to halt what he was doing. "It has to be deeper in order to hurt more! In order to scar so the Kyuubi won't heal it. Deeper so the pain is greater than the pain in my heart." He whispered as he dug the kunai deeper into his wrist, dragging it across his skin. He panted and closed his eyes in pain as the blood dripped onto the floor and sink, mixing with that water that was there, causing it to turn pink as it washed down the drain.

It had been four and a half months since that fateful night. Four and a half months since they made love. Four and a half months since Kakashi proclaimed his undying love for Naruto. Four and a half months since he was lied to, betrayed.

Naruto didn't blame Obito at all for what had happened. The poor guy had suffered enough, and he didn't need any added pressure. Especially since Obito liked Naruto a lot. Obito saw him as the little brother he never had, and Naruto liked that, because he also liked Obito. Naruto didn't even blame Kakashi, because Naruto believed that there was good in everyone. Even after all the pain Kakashi had brought him, he still couldn't be mad, he couldn't hate him, because despite everything, he still loved him. They say that if you truly love someone, sometimes it means you have to let them go, no matter how much it hurts.

Love was a very powerful thing, Naruto believed. It was painful and beautiful at the same time. It was worth experiencing, even if you lost everything in the process. There was a reason it was worth fighting for, because it's everything that it's cracked up to be. It was worth everything and so much more.

"Naruto, are you here?" Yamato called out from the kitchen, and Naruto froze. He wiped off the bloody kunai and shoved it in his holster. He quickly wrapped some gauze around each one of his wrists, hoping it would cover up the long gashes he had on his wrists.

He grabbed his jacket and pulled it on. He placed his hand on the doorknob and stared at it, it was shaking. It was now that Naruto noticed that his entire body was shaking, not only that, he felt dizzy, and was slightly pale. Most likely from the loss of blood.

"Naruto? Are you here?" Yamato called out again. Naruto closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, hoping to calm himself down, and opened the door.

"Yamato-taichou! I'm right here." He said jokingly as he put on his mask. No one needed to know what he was doing. He was Konoha's number one prankster, and he intended to keep it that way. Even if they found out, what did it matter? He truly was an unloved monster.

Sure, he had his friends, who loved him, but that was platonic love, something completely different to what he felt for Kakashi (and Sasuke). It wasn't enough. People who grew up alone needed to be loved more than anyone else. Naruto needed to be loved romantically, but he came to the conclusion that he couldn't be loved. Not in the sense he wanted to be at least. Sasuke and Kakashi unknowingly taught him that.

"Are you okay? You look a bit pale." Yamato asked when he finally got a good look at the young ninja.

"Yeah! I just didn't get enough sleep last night. I was too anxious to train today. We only have a month and a half to rescue Sasuke before Orochimaru takes his body." Naruto said. Yamato had no reason to doubt him, because Naruto was still bent on getting Sasuke back.

"No, there will be no training today Naruto," Yamato began, but Naruto was shocked at the news, and interrupted him.

"WHAT? Are you crazy Yamato-taichou? I have to train, I have to get stronger, because I have to help Sasuke!" Naruto yelled out.

"That's the thing Naruto..."

"Eh?" Naruto responded when Yamato paused for a moment, almost as if he was afraid to say what he was planning on saying.

"Uchiha Sasuke has returned on his own."

End Of Chapter~1