Dreams and Percy's Version of Anger Managment

Everything from that point on went on like it did from the other timeline. Percy practiced swordplay with Luke, who seemed to like him. The son of Hermes went harder on Percy because he seemed to know what he was doing. It was refreshing for Luke to fight someone who could at least make him sweat.

Kyle was okay at sword fighting- no where near the natural skill Percy had when he first started. But he acted as though the was the best swordsman in camp since the whole Clarisse and the bathroom thing. He pushed his luck more than Percy did. When Clarisse threatened him, he said, "You want some more? Come and get it."

Ares cabin had to drag their head councilor away to stop her from killing the jerk-ish demigod. She only managed a few punches, but they were pretty bad and devastating. Two cracked ribs, a broken nose, and a black eye. Percy thought he was fine.

Percy disappeared most of the day anyway, but could often be seen sitting by Thalia's Tree. He refused to sleep in the Hermes cabin or the Big House. The camp didn't know where he went, just that he returned the next morning and went back every night. He didn't sacrifice to the gods either, even though Chiron warned him of the consequences.

Chiron didn't question Percy's motives any longer. He knew there was something strange about the boy, but it was his story and secrets to tell. Chiron didn't want to press but hopefully, someday, Percy would be willing to trust and tell the centaur.

Then came the day of Capture the Flag. Percy was walking through camp near dusk, trying to force down bad memories and trying very hard not to tear down the camp brick by brick. It didn't help his mood when Annabeth walked up to him with Luke and Kyle.

"Hey Percy," Luke greeted. His blond hair was neatly trimmed and the scar didn't make him look like he was the devil incarnate.

"Hey," Percy replied boringly. Kyle tried to shoot him a glare but immediately flinched away when Percy gave the kid his own. "What do you need?" Percy asked the blond male, completely ignoring the female.

"We," Luke said as he gestured to Annabeth and himself, "were wondering if you would join our team for Capture the Flag."

"It's pretty close to dinner for you to be asking me to join your team," Percy pointed out. "Besides, there's nothing you can offer me in your comfort zone."

"What will it take?" Annabeth asked. She tried to ignore the obnoxious comments of Kyle, who tried to tell her that they were wasting their time with his loser brother. She was getting real tired of this new demigod.

Percy looked at her and tried not to kill her. Fortunately/Unfortunately, he was successful... sadly. He had to remind himself that she wasn't worth it. He glanced at Luke. The man was apprehensive at the very least.

"Take a hike," Percy told her. "I have to speak to Luke. Alone."

Annabeth gaped at him. Who did he think he was? She looked to Luke for at least some support. But when she looks at her crush and one person she was sure to have her back, he didn't.

"Go," Luke told her. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

Feeling childish- and her age-, Annabeth stomped her foot on the ground and marched away, Kyle following behind her. Luke sighed. It was times like those that it was apparent she was twelve. He almost always forgot that.

"What do you want?" Luke asked once he turned to face the mystery of camp.

"I need you to swear on the River Styx that once you get Thalia out, she stays with me."

Luke felt his brain restart. "What?"

Percy sighed. Maybe they didn't have this plan until after the WW3 plan kirplunked? "You're plan to get Thalia back? Out of the tree? I want you to swear on the Styx that when she gets out of that tree, she comes with me."