Battle of the Minotaur and Blah Blah Blah

Percy had been thrown out of the front windshield and onto the pavement. He could feel the tiny glass shards embedded in his back fall out as he got up. Weirdly, he only had a couple bruises and a few scrapes. No broken bones. He didn't wince in pain or discomfort. Percy was used to the pain by now.

He walked to the car that swerved into a ditch. He was pleased to see that Grover was awake and the Camero wasn't wedged in mud this time. He would get the searcher's licence much faster now.

"Are you alright?" Sally asked the car. She checked on Kyle first. Then Grover. But when she turned to check on her oldest, he wasn't there. It was only then that she noticed the human sized hole in her front wind shield and the seat belt that hung innocently in its place.

"Percy!" She yelled. Kyle looked up. Was his brother dead? God, he hoped so. He hated his brother and he got the feeling that it was mutual. The way he was oblivious with the girls that threw themselves at him- literally- and he never glanced their way other than to say sorry for "running into them". How he never spoke a word, and when he did he spoke with such confidence that no one disobeyed. Kyle should have been popular. He was, after all, better than his loser of a brother. So imagine his disappointment when Percy's voice said,

"I'm alright." Percy came into view, his shirt in tatters and bleeding, along with a cut on his head but was otherwise fine. "How about you all?"

"We're fine," Sally answered. She stared at her son. He went through a window out of a moving car and was barely scathed. He was his father. "Just a few bumps and bruises."

"Let's get out of here." Percy opened the side door and removed the seat, allowing Kyle and Grover to get out. He helped Sally out of her seat. "Lead the way," he told her as another roar echoed through the valley, cutting off the storm.

Sally nodded and began to jog to a hill where a White House Christmas sized pine tree sat. She noticed that Percy looked at it mournfully.

"Where are we going?" Kyle whined from behind Percy, trying to keep up with his brother, who seemed to know where to go.

"Somewhere your father wanted to send you," Sally answered. Grover tripped and they all stopped while Percy helped get him up, not at all fazed by his goat legs. This confused Grover.

"But-" They were interrupted by a roar and the Minotaur appearing behind them. He was just as Percy remembered. Fruit of the Looms underwear, big meaty head and hands, and lots and lots of fur.

To top it all of Kyle fainted... again.

"Grover," Percy commanded. "Take her and Kyle and get them to wherever you were trying to go. I'll hold it off."

"Percy, no!" Sally tried to grab him but one look to Grover from her still awake son sent him dragging her and Kyle away.

The Minotaur turned his attention to the satyr, demigod, and mortal but Percy took a giant leap and yelled, "Hey! Ground Beef!"

The monster's eyes burned with fire as it turned to the lone demigod. Memories flashed inside the beast's mind. Here on Half-Blood Hill and then in Manhattan. He didn't know where it came from but it fueled his body to the brim with anger.

He charged and Percy rolled out of the way. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Grover and Kyle go down the other side of the hill. He dodged the monster's swing and concentrated. Black mist curled from Percy's arm and into his hand before turning into a solid black sword with silver engrained into the handle: Erebos.

The blade was hard to see and didn't offer any light as Riptide had but somehow Percy knew exactly where everything was. The Minotaur, Thalia and her tree, Sally...