How could this be?

*Britt's POV*
"Wait! My dear do you know why? And why would you say such things"? I say.
"I checked in with my doctor and I have something, he doesn't know nor any doctors, and I say them because their true." He says. I slowly set down my silverware. I look him deep in his droopy and depressed eyes.
"Okay, do you know if they can past on too our child"? I say.
  "Our.... child how do you know if your pregnant already"? He asks.
"Well I don't know exactly but I'm very hopeful." I say. We finish up our breakfast. And head to the town to put some papers for workers, and look for some new clothes and things for the castle. We dressed in simple clothes and no jewelry, I got a simple lavender dress, and some lavender slippers. I put my hair up in a easy bun. I did no makeup, and grabbed a basket on my way out. Scotty looked very cute in his simple white shirt and brown trousers with some black riding boots. He also grabbed a set knife and two coin pouches. He gave one knife and coin pouch to me.
"Put the coin pouch in your basket and knife in your boot. If we ever get separated or in trouble use them, alright let's go." He says. Offering his arm to me.
"Are you sure you are well enough"? I ask.
"Yes no need to worry I'll be right near you the whole time". He reassures me.
We go on and take a nice cart ride to the village. Of corse we are surrounded by the dark woods, but otherwise we have pretty meadows and some cottages, on the way but we enter the small village, and we see a little girl sitting there crying.
"What do you think is wrong with her"? I whisper to Scotty. He doesn't say anything, so I walk over to the little girl.
"Hi, what's wrong"? I ask.
"I lost my parents in a fire, I'm trying to get coins or scraps to take home to my sick older brother, he can't work he injured his leg. My name is Emily, I'm seven! My brother Matthew is twelve! We are looking for a place to stay. Or at least enough money to stay in someone's house." She says.
"Oh well, hi Emily would you please show me and my husband where you live right now"? I ask, Scotty gives me a look of really you just had to look. Emily grabs my hand, and pulls me in an alleyway, to where I see a young boy sitting there with a brace on his leg. He's counting some coins.
"Hello are you Matthew"? I ask. He nods.
"Yes! Why do you need to know? Are you looking for a worker, because I'm real good, I went to school for a couple of years like four. And I can do most anything"! He says.
"Well, how would you like it if we took you in...."? I ask, Scotty pulls me aside
"Honey are you sure this is a good idea"? He asks.
"Yes I'm sure these kids don't have a home! And they want to work so let's give them a place to stay." I say. He nods.
"Okay, we will give you two a place to stay, and you can be schooled, all of that stuff if you promise to be loyal to us." He says. They both jump and get excited. They put their very few things in the basket. And we go off into the village.

*Sorry with the very slow updates, I got a job and school just came over me. I'll try to update a lot more! Bai. *