Injury

Time passed by slowly as the gladiators in Tak's care did their jobs. Those that lost more then five fights, well let's just say disappeared.

Cortes waited anxiously for Rebel to finish her own fight. Something just didn't feel right today. Like he was just waiting for something to go wrong.

"Quickly get her to the infirmary!"

He stood up seeing Rebel on a stretcher unconscious.

"Tak! What happened what did you make her do?!"

Tak held him back. "Easy there Blockbuster. It was her own doing."

"What are you on about?"

Tak nodded for him to follow. "Just what I said. We put her up against a new kid, only fourteen and she refused. When I ordered her to attack she struck herself."

They saw Rebel lying on the hospital bed, jacket in shreds and her side bleeding.

"She's..Still alive isn't she?"

"As far as we know. All I myself know is this is going to cost me so much credit." He groaned walking away.

Cortes glared at his back staying by Rebel's side as the doctors healed her.
She woke up late evening seeing him still there.

"What were you thinking?"

She sat up sorely. " Oh I dunno ' let's help the new kid out like someone helped me'?"

Damn that was a good answer but he shook it off. He was Supposed to be mad here.

"Well you can do that without self harm ya know. What would I have done if you were dead?"

She rolled her eyes. " Would've moved on just fine."

"Alot you know."

He sighed, she still didn't seem to understand he was her only friend here. Of course that only made him want her to know it more.

The other gladiators thought she was pathetic for what she did.

"Some Rebel you are. Sticking your neck out for a kid? Why bother."

"Yeah should've just beat him and let Diwan handle it. He's just a worthless runt."

She just took it letting them make fools of themselves. It was sad really how the Sphere made you Think you were above everything. Even people in the same situation.