Jughead's eyes lingered on her parted lips, wanting to kiss her. He angled his head down towards hers until their lips were centimetres apart. He hoped he wasn't ruining their friendship by kissing her.

Virginia held her breath at Jughead's movement and knew what was happening. She tilted her head up and their lips brushed lightly.

Was this really happening?

It wasn't a real kiss, it was a weary kiss that tested the waters— making sure each person was okay with what was happening. It was a simple and sweet kiss that showed their feelings but nothing further than that. Her lips were smooth pressed up against his and her heart exploded with nerves as she kissed him.

Jughead desperately wanted to stay like this forever. But he pulled away from her at the sound of a knock on the bedroom door and he immediately remembered his best friend who left them alone.

Jughead cleared his throat, "yeah you can come in."

"Did I interupt?" Archie asked the two, noticing how they were across the room from each other. The only thing he did observe was how Ginny touched her lips.

Archie knew one thing: he was a cockblock.

º   º   º

IT WAS EARLY THE NEXT DAY when Archie's alarm clock went off, interrupting their sleep. A typical school day that everyone hated but dragged their bodies up.

"Ginny?" Fred Andrews asked surprised as he watched the trio walk down the stairs.

"Hi, Mr. Andrews." She smiled nervously, sitting down at the kitchen table. "Sorry, I snuck in last night."

"That's okay," Fred's eyes turned to the two boys who stayed silent. "Where did you sleep?"

Ginny blushed, scratching her head as she thought of how she woke up cuddling Jughead. "Um, I shared the floor with Jug."

His body had wrapped around hers perfectly, her head underneath his chin as he held her close in his sleep. Jughead had woken up in the middle of the night at the sound of Ginny mumbling in her sleep. She seemed disturbed so he pulled her closer, letting her cuddle closer to him.

Fred nodded, noticing the lingering stare Jughead sent her way and he knew that there were developing feelings there. He knew when the three were growing up something was bound to happen.

"Okay," Fred told her before turning to the boys, spatula in hand. "Boys, next time, let me know."

"Okay dad," Archie replied with a grin as he munched on bacon. "Whatever you say." He nodded at his fathers apron and how it said: kiss the cook.

º º º

VIRGINIA HELD THE POT OF COFFEE tightly as she stared at Jughead. They both were at Pop's, Jughead waiting for Virginia to get off of her shift. His computer was before him and she knew that it'd be difficult to get his attention when he was busy writing.

"Jug," Ginny whined, leaning over the counter, glaring at his crouched figure.

Jughead looked up and down her and Ginny blushed, noticing how low-cut her work shirt was.

She cleared her throat and filled his cup with more coffee, avoiding his stare. "What part are you in your book?"

"Just trying to work on what's happened the past week."

Ginny hummed, placing the pot of coffee down on the counter and manuvered his computer towards her. He sent a playful glare at her for stealing his computer— he rarely showed anyone his book but she was his only exception.

She hummed as she skimmed his words, she smiled at his use of words, his sardonic humour showing. She looked up, ready to tell him how great it was when her eyes focused on the doorway behind him.

"Oh," Virginia cleared her throat, nodding to the entrance of Pop's. There was Betty, waiting for Jughead.

Jughead and Virginia didn't say anything after their kiss. They were comfortable enough with each other that they just fell into their routine, not mentioning the previous night.

Both, however, were itching to talk. Jughead sighed as he glanced over to the blonde girl he was friends with.

Maybe it was time Jughead and Betty had a talk.

º º º