Chapter 8- Old Wounds & Jealousy

Start from the beginning

Please I bet whatever she's laughing about isn't that funny. She's always so extra I don't even get it. Ugh.

****
We arrive at the party and 24k Magic by Bruno Mars is coming from two large speakers at the door and from two others further out in the room. We didn't arrive at the party until about 9:30 and I was already tired walking in.

People were drinking and dancing to the music. Jessy hands me a red cup and I sniff it. Its so strong I felt drunk before I even started drinking it.

"What's in this? Alcohol alone?" I asked and they start laughing then they all take sips from their red cups.

I roll my eyes and we go further into the room to get mixed with the crowed.

After I was finish with my first cup it made me tipsy. Yeah, strong stuff. My friends and I were dancing in the crowd and enjoying the music. Soon after the song changes to Ed Sheeran's Shape of You and some guys start approaching us.

It was just two of them, they stopped to dance with Megan and Jessy leaving me and Elizabeth to dance on our own.

No problem girls dance together all the time. But just as I was about to move towards Elizabeth I'm stopped by a body pressing into mine from behind.

I'm sorry Elizabeth but I guess you're alone now. We were there dancing and his hands started rubbing along my curves when it reaches the part of the song that says, "I'm in love with the shape of you." I was in a curve hugging black dress and some flats, I wasn't in the mood for heels like the girls.

The song plays on and he starts whispering in my ear "I'm inlove with your body..." I turn around as I know the voice... "Cade?!" I call out and he looks a little out of it. "Why are you surprised Casey? Dance with me." And he grabs my hands pulling me in and he starts moving me to the the music. It was Code Blue by The Dream.

I was in shock. What was he doing? I wasn't expecting this at all. He was looking in my eyes while we danced together.

He started coming in closer and I decided that I wasn't going to move. I wanted him to kiss me. Maybe he felt the same way about me. Maybe he was considering dating. I don't know but I wanted that kiss. I started moving in too, we are so close, almost there, just a few more inches... and...

"Cade!" A drunken Abby shouts and she pulls Cade's arm, pulling us apart. She flings her arms around his neck and then she presses her lips on to his. For a minute I thought he'd pull away but he didn't.

The song changes to I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn & Taylor Swift and they stop kissing. At this point I was pissed, sad and even hurt. He was about to kiss me. Why did she stop him.

"Lets go back to your room." She says with one hand around his neck and the other in front of him to place a finger on his lip.

I could feel the tears and I just wanted to leave. I'm such an idiot what was I thinking. He wouldn't want me he already has Abby for everything.

I storm out I wanted to be anywhere but there, "Toby! Where are you going?" Jessy shouts and I conitue going through the crowd ignoring her. I never stopped until I was outside.

The cold air raps around me as I get out of the hot room. The tears are streaming down my face at this point and I stop to wipe them away.

Stop it. It was just going to be one stupid kiss. He gave you no signs that he liked you, you knew about Abby. Pull your stupid self together.

I take a deepbreath and I heard the girls calling out to me. "Are you ready to go?" Jessy ask and I look up and I see Cade standing at the entrance.

"Yes I'm ready, see you guys tomorrow." And I turn on my heel to leave. "Wait!" Megan shouts and I hault. She tells the other girl to go back inside real quick and then she speaks to me.

"I'm sorry." She says placing her hands on my shoulder. "For what?" I asked looking at her.

"I saw what happened in there. I don't know what's going on with you two but be careful okay?"

"Nothing is going on between us... we just had a moment now please let me go." I said and then Abby comes to join him. She holds his hand and when she realizes that he doesn't move she starts pulling him.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." She says and I walk away quickly.

I found myself on my old dorm then I decided that I was going to go into my old room one last time. I just felt like going in there would help me connect with Ashley.

It was easy to get in because they didn't even bother taking my key. I arrive at the door and it has yellow tape on it. I stand looking at it and memories of Ashley flash in my head.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you, its haunted." A voice says and I turn to look. It was a girl I've never seen before. Was she an idiot? Not because my roommate died in there means its haunted.

"Why would you even think that?" I asked looking at her confused.

"I don't think it hon. I know, anyone who stays in that room always end up getting badly hurt or whatever but no one ever died. I guess that girl was as unlucky as they come." She said then walked off.

I put the key in the lock to open it and then I went in. Bending under and stepping over the tape to get in.

Once I was in I closed the door. The room was empty, the only thing left were the beds. I look over to my bed and I remember my birthday and how I woke up to her creepy smiling face .

The hurt starts all over again and I realize that I shouldn't have came back here. This was a wound that was still fresh, it wasn't healed and I tampered with it.

"Toobyy." A creepy whisper sounds my name. I turn around quickly and there is no one there. The door is still how I left it. Closed.