The Chronicles: The Librarian's Secret

Chapter Six:

Stephanie Clark

I woke up and my head still aches. How long have I been resting? I guess it has been long. My eyes adjusted for awhile and I saw that we are in a prison.

"Guys. Wake up!" I said but they are not beside me. I used my mind to communicate with them but no one answered. Where are they? Where am I? What am I doing here? A creepy laugh entered the prison.

"The little girl woke up already! How fun!" The creepy woman's voice said sarcastically. "Slaves! Come and give her to me!"

The door of the prison cage opened.

"Go out." A familiar voice said. I wonder who it is.

I walked out of the prison. I looked at the man who speaked.

"Julian?!" It was my brother. "How did you get here?" I asked almost out of faith and hope.

"What are you talking about fool?!" Julian shouted like he never knew what we've gone through all those times.

I hugged him and he seemed not to care. He remove my hands and he pushed me towards the creepy woman.

For those who don't know, Julian is my step brother. Well I was a foster child and Julian's family adopted me.

"My master." Julian said. "Here is the  one who secretly threatens your child."

"Huh?" I said confusingly while glaring at the woman. "I don't even know who your child is!"

"You really don't know?" She said. "Bring out the others."

The hand of the woman pointed on a dark corner and a black mist appeared. It showed their my friends tied in a wall.

"Guys!" I called. "I'm gonna get you out of there!"

"Every 5 minutes you got to tell me who's my child. Once your answer is wrong, I'm going to vaporize each one of them." The creepy woman said. "Starting now."

I concentrate much on her powers. Vaporize. What can relate my friends to this woman?

"2 Minutes left." She said.

"Clyde. Clyde is your child." I said confidently.

"Wrong answer. Clyde will be vaporized." She said.

"No!" I screamed and Clyde started to dissolve.

I stood up and confidently say, "Leo. Leo Grace is your child."

"Correct." She said.

"Now. Where the heck is CLYDE?!" Angriness roared over my body.

"You can get him in his own palace." She said. "Now, what is your intention to my son?"

"What are you talking about? I don't have any intentions to your son idiot." I said madly.

"You CANNOT speak like that to the queen of Dark Magic child."

I knelt like I was out of hope.

"I only want safety for us. I don't know why this things happen. I just want a normal life." I said and I started to cry.

"Now. Now child. I feel the same way when I was just your age. Your parents and I were really close friends. And we have quests before, too. One friend also betrayed us and became our enemy and that was the lava king. I only wish that my son would be safe. I should have known that both king and prince of lava has same intentions on all of you. I am sorry. I never want this to happen to all of you." She explained.

"You know my real parents?" I said while wiping my tears.

"Yes. Your parents are the king and queen of Reutopia." She said.

"So that means.... I am a princess?" I asked confusingly.

"Yes." She said. "You are the princess of Reutopia. Welcome toSoria. The land of Dark Magic."

I bowed down. "Your highness."

"It was too late Stephanie." She said. "But that's alright."

"May you p-please release my friends?" I asked nervously wishing that she would let us go.

"Oh sure. Now that I know who intended to kill my son and his friends." She concluded.

"Thanks." I said. "And sorry for calling you idiot."

"That's alright." She said.

"But--" I said. "What if Clyde was a good guy?"

"Well that IS a miracle but just MAYBE. You know, you can get him in Feria: The lava kingdom. If you want. Just to be sure that he is what he is." The queen of Dark Magic said. "By the way, I'm Cleora."

"Hello queen Cleora." I said.

"Hi." She said and she started to get uneasy. "Go now, Steph. Trouble is incoming. My palace will distract them. PLEASE do everything to save my son from this quest."

"I will, your Highness." I said and the queen's hand opened and my friends warp into the palace.

"Hi mom." Leo said.

"Hello son" Queen Cleora smiled. "Whatever happen I still love you."

"I love you too mom." Leo responded.

"Go now children. I'm gonna distract some trouble heading into you and your friends." The Queen said.

"Bye Queen Cleora." The twins said.

"Goodbye children." Queen Cleora then responded.

We ran through the darkness and there is another portal.

"Another portal ahead!" Leo said.

"Faster!" Ryzel said. "It's about to close!"

"Leo!" Claire said. "Try to make it open for a minute."

Leo nodded and he put his hand up above his head and opened his palm. Then black mist came out of it. Leo waved it and the mist surrounded us. It feels like we are teleporting. Then for a second the mist disappeared and we are in front of the portal. We walked through it and the place started to change. Looking at the sunlight is very painful. The excruciating pain made it hard for me to adjust my eyes. Seconds later my eyes started to adjust. We are in New York.

"Where to go next?" Asked Claire.

"Feria." I said. "The kingdom of Lava. We are going to get Clyde."

They all looked at me.

"Where is that?" Leo asked.

He's right. I don't know where to find it. Then a woman go near us and examined us.

"Not mortals eh?" She said. "I have a map of all the kingdoms. If you want I'll give it to you. But in one case."

"What is it?" Claire asked.

"You need to break my curse." The woman said.

End of Chapter Six.

Have you enjoyed my chapter so far? Wanting for more chapters? Just VOTE and I'll update it :) Be welcomed to Comment on my story.

The Chronicles: The Librarian's Secret. © 2014 KyleCortes-Talosig. All Rights Reserved.