1.7

Harpers POV---
We stepped off the plane and Adam tensed up and growled. I looked around as he pulled me away from his previous sight.
"Why are you in such a rush?" I asked as he pulled me through all the people.
"Because of your promise." He lied.
"Well, I'm not doing it until you tell me what's wrong."
"Why are you being so stubborn?! Nothing is wrong, so just get in the cab!" He yelled pulling me into the cab next to him.
Horrible flashbacks come up from all that time ago. So I kept my mouth shut and kept back the tears. I watched as the lands of Africa flew past us in a blur of colors.
"HEY SLUT?!! COME MADE DINNER OR YOUR BEATING WILL BE WORSE!" Alpha Chandler yelled.
I raced down the steps with my limp and started making the food. I was pouring the water in the pit when a strong hand took mine and tried to place it on the hot stove.
I fought against the hand and felt a kick go to the back of my knee. I stumbled to the floor. "WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUBBORN?!!? YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!!" Alpha yell with so much anger.
I got up and finished the meal, I stayed in the room over listening to them converse while I cleaned.

When they finished I got the beating of a lifetime.

"We're here." Adam said harshly, pulling me out of my trance.
I kept my mouth shut as he payed the man and went to check us in at the hotel. I didn't want Adam hurting me, I've been hurt before and all it takes is a little push of the wrong button to be hurt again. 'We should just let him have his way.' I said to my wolf.
'He does worry about us. All he wants is our safety.'
'Sure he does.'
'He's our mate. He won't hurt us.'
'Other mates hurt their mates. What's stopping him? I already told him the truth. He knows we're so close to breaking, an he doesn't want to be the one to break us.'
'So he won't hurt us.'
'But he would if he could.'
'Get some sleep. We have dinner with that one alpha tonight.' I heard Adams voice say.
I walked into the room we had. One bed, a small kitchen area, two sitting chairs, a tv, and a bathroom.

One bed.

He was probably still mad at me, so I took the sitting chair. I curled into uncomfortable chair and closed my eyes. Soon enough, I fell asleep with great difficulty.

Adams POV-----
Harper curled onto the chair and fell asleep. I don't know why I got so mad at her. All I was trying to do was get her out of their so we didn't have a fight in the airport.
I sighed and picked her up. I later her on the bed and held her small body closer to mine. I kissed her cheek and fell asleep buried in her neck.

---------------(the dinner)-------------

Harper's POV---
We walked up to a house bigger than all of the United States and a tall, African man with blue eyes, opened the door.
He, like all alphas, was very good looking. He eyed us both down and my eyes stayed glued to the floor. "Alpha Adam." The man said.
"Alpha Chris."
"I see you've finally found your mate!" Now I see what Adam was talking about. He is kinda annoying.
"Yes I have."
"What's your name love?"
I bit my lip and continued looking at the floor. I'm not in the mood to talk. "Tell him your name baby."
"Harper." I said in a whisper.
"Hello Harper, I'm Chris." I nodded my head. "You don't talk as much as Adam, that's a good thing."
"She's just shy." Adam said.
I blinked rapidly and Chris led us to the formal dinning room. The walls were tall and white. A fancy table with chairs sat in the middle with a chandelier hanging above. It looked like something from a princess movie.
"Dinner will be in ten minutes. I hope you both are in the mood for chicken parmesan." Chris said. I nodded my head and felt both guys eyes on me.
"I have to use the bathroom. I'll be back in a second." Adam said getting up.
I sat across the table from Chris and bit down on my lip. "Is Adam treating you well?" Is all it took for me to break down.
I started crying and explained how we aren't doing too good. It seems like all we do is fight. Happy one minute, trying not to kill each other the next. He put his hand on my shoulder and told me it's okay.
I was still crying when Adam came in and he pushed Chris away. He picked me up sat down with me in his lap. "It's okay baby. I'm sorry I yelled at you. We're just going through a hard time. It's okay." He cooed nuzzling into my neck. I felt myself slowly calm down.
The food came out and I Adam shared his plate with me so I could stay on his lap. "I don't know how you're going to manage a pup when your mate already acts like one." Chris said.
"Watch what you say about my mate Chris." Adam snapped.
"I'm just saying! She's a childish brat."
"We're leaving." Adam said sharply, he picked me up and kicked his chair back.
We walked out without another word and I, like I told my wolf, let Adam have his way. He kept a tight grip on me the whole way back to the hotel.
He opened the room with me in his arms and laid us down. "You're not a brat. And you're not childish." He said kissing from my cheek down to my neck.

I said nothing.

"You said we could try again at the hotel. If you don't want to do it right now, I understand." I kept my mouth shut. "We're seeing your parents tomorrow."
"I know."
"Why are you being so quiet? You know you can talk around me."
"I know."
"Is my baby Harper tired?"
"Yeah."
"Okay. Let's go to sleep."
"Okay."
We both snuggled up to each other and Adam kissed my lips softly before we 'I love you'd and 'goodnight's