0.3

Harper's POV--
I woke up to a pair of arms around me and started panicking. I looked around at my surroundings and remembered all the events that happened yesterday.
Adam was apparently my mate. I knew he was, I felt the same sparks as anyone would. He looked in a deep sleep and would probably be angry at me for waking him up.
His phone lit up saying he was getting a call from whoever Luke was. I tried to shake him and tell him but he only tightened his grip.
So I answered, "Hello?" My voice was soft so I didn't wake up Adam.
"Is Adam there?" I deep voice asked.
"Yes. Please wait for a minute."
I started shaking Adam even more, "ADAM!! Please wake up someone needs to talk to you!" I say trying to wake him up.
He eyes slowly opened and I put the phone to his ear, holding it for him while he talked to the man on the other line. "...... Okay, thanks Luke."
"Who's Luke?"
"My closest friend and my Beta."
"What did he say?" I asked tilting my head to the left like I always did when i was confused.
"He just told me your old pack won't be a problem in our future."
"What did they do to them?"
"We attacked them." He said like it was no big deal.
"Is the nurse lady hurt?"
"I don't know my love." He always called me 'my love'. I liked it. It Made me feel loved for once.
I sighed and looked around the room, "You can wear my clothes until we can go shopping." Adam says. I do my normal shrug and we both get up.
He hands me a dark grey thermal sweater and a pair of black sweat pants. I go into the bathroom to change and when I strip down I look in the mirror.
Disgusting. My scars are still there. I'm afraid they wont leave. I might be relatively nice looking if they went away. But then, I'm still too skinny. You can see my ribs and the bones in my shoulders of you look close enough.
I get tired of looking at myself after maybe thirty seconds and put the extremely baggy clothes on. Seriously they were a million times bigger than me.
I walked back into the room to see a shirtless Adam. I give a little squeal and cover my eyes. I hear Adam chuckle and felt his arms wrap around my torso.
Adam removes my hands and I look at his ab-filled stomach. I was impressed. I didn't even realize that my hands were gliding over them until Adam chuckled.
He pulled me closer and placed his chin on the top of my head. I wish we could stay like this forever. His arms protecting me from everyone. My head on his chest getting tired just listening to the sound of his heart beat.
"You have a nice heart beat." I say rubbing my head on his chest listening to the beat.
"Thank you. Now whenever people ask why I'm alpha I'll say 'my mate says I have a nice heart beat, that's why!'" I gave a laugh and closed my eyes.
"When am I going to meet everyone?"
"Whenever you want."
"Really?" I give some thought into it. "I want to go shopping first. What about your friend Luke? Don't you have some Alpha-Beta work?"
"Yes but you and I have Alpha-Luna work. But for your work to be finished we have to know each other a little more." I knew what he was taking about. We had to mate and continue a line of Alphas.
Maybe in a few months or so. I'm still trying to get over the previous events. "Hehehe, 'Alpha-Luna work' I got it." I say.
"As much as I love to stand here and hold you all day, my mom would kill me if I didn't tell her that I found my mate. So you'll only be meeting my mom today."
"I like it when you say 'mom'. I've always said mother. Plus you have a nice voice in general." I say opening my eyes again.
"You have a pretty voice too. And pretty hair. And pretty eyes. And a pretty body. And a pretty cool thought process from what I've heard so far." I blush and try to hide in his still-shirtless-chest.
He pulls away and I go back to the spinnie chair. "Can we name the chair Jacklyn?" He looks a little confused at first.
"Of course we can. May I ask why?" He says finally putting a shirt on.
"It's part of our lives now. It deserves a name. I didn't get a name until I became part of your life. So I want to start a tradition, every time something comes into our lives we name it. Even if we can't see it. What do you think?" I say/ask. He gives a small chuckle making me blush.
"I love the idea. Jacklyn the chair loves it too."
I smile. I haven't smiled since Adam came along. I like Adam, he's nice.
We go downstairs and sit in the couch. He plays on his phone and I look through the twenty some books he has.
Click.
Click.
Click.
"What's the clicking noise?" I ask tilting my head and turning to Adam.
"Snapchat loves you Harper."
"What's Snapchat?"
"It's where you talk through pictures, basically anyways."
"Wait, you took a picture of me?" I ask, why would anyone want to see me?
"I took several. You looked so cute looking at all the books. Did you find one?"
"Yup!" I said holding up 'Green Eggs and Ham'.
"That's my little sisters book. She left it here a month or so ago. She would like you."
"How old is she?"
"7."
"Can you read it to me?"
"I thought you knew how to read?"
"I do. I just want you to read it."
Adam sighs and takes the books out of my hands. I clap and snuggle into his shoulder as he began to read the book.
I fallowed along with the pictures and when he got tongue tied I helped him out.
He finished the book and the bell rang. I got up and raced to the door, opening it and immediately regretting my choice.
Adam came to the door an I hid behind him. There was three men all big, mean, scary, and scary. I continued to hide behind Adam.
"Your mother wants to talk with you." One of the scary men say.
"Shit." I slapped his shoulder at his cursing. "Sorry, shoot."
"I feel sorry for you." One of the other scary men say before them leave and Adam closes the door.
"Why are you scared of them?" Adam asks turning to face me. He holds my forearms and I look at our hands.
"I don't like talking to people. They call it 'Social Anxiety'. And I have a stage four case of it." I say as if it's a cancer.
"Is okay. You don't have to talk to people as long as I'm around." Adam says bravely.
"My hero." I say closing the pace between us.
It's true. If it wasn't for Adam, I would still be in the godforsaken place. But he came along and saved me before it was too late.
"Come on. We have to eat breakfast. The doctor wouldn't approve of you skipping even one meal."
"Are you scared of the Doctor? Or your mother?"
"I'm not scared of anyone!" He says defensively getting the eggs out.
"I thought we had to go see your mother?"
"We do. She'll let us eat first. I think she will at least."
I laugh as he makes the eggs. We ate quickly and hopped into the car ignoring our poor appearance. "This is the first car I have ever ridden in. What's the name of the car?" I ask
"Hmmm, Adam Jr." I giggle.
"I'm tired." I say with a yawn.
"Close your eyes for now. We'll be there in a couple of minutes."
I close my eyes but don't fall asleep. I listen to the road as we drive to his parents house. I hope they're nice.
"Harper, wake up." Adam says shaking my leg a little bit.
"Okay." I rub my eyes and struggle to unbuckle the seat belt.
Adam laughs at my failed attempts and unbuckles it for me. We walk hand in hand to the front door. Adam knocks and a older looking woman opens the door. "Oh my! Adam?! Is that you?!"
"Yes mom. It's me." He says as she kisses his cheek.
"Who's this beautiful lady?" She says pointing to me.
"This is Harper...She's my mate." He says waiting for a response. Which is a little squeal.
"THIS IS AMAZING!! ZACHARY!!!! COME DOWN HERE AND MEET THE NEW LUNA!!!!!" She yells in a 'mom' voice.
A man, Zachary, walks down and see the three of us. Just like everyone else here, he's humungous. I hide half my body behind Adam's.
"Harper, it's okay. You can come out from hiding." He says looking over his shoulder at me.
I burry myself in his clothes and blush. It's not my fault I can't talk to people. "Harper? Where did you go?" Adam says playing along.
"I'm hiding." I say into his back.
"Please come out. People want to see you." He had still acting to look for me.
"Can't. I'm hiding." I say.
"Why are you hiding?"
"Because I'm scared of people. I thought I told you this."
"You did. But it's my parents."
"Aw Zach! They're so cute together!!!!" His mother squeals.
I blush even more and come out of my hiding place a little bit. Adam looks surprised.
"Mom, dad. This is Harper. Harper this is mom and dad." Adam says.
"Hi mom and dad!" I say giggling at my own joke.
"Hello daughter!" Zach plays along.
"Nonsense dear. Call us Zach and Carol. It's so very nice to meet you Harper. I can tell you'll do good things for us." Her mother says enveloping me in a hug.
For the next hour or so Carol and Zach told me funny stories about Adam when he was a kid. He was a funny child.
When we had to go (probably because Adam was getting too embarrassed) around lunch so Adam stopped at a fast food place.
I was hungry even though I ate a little more than three hours ago. Adam ordered for me because I have had any of the things on the menu.
This whole week will be full of new experiences. I can tell. "Adam?" I say while we wait for our food.
"Yes my love?"
"I want a job."
"Why?"
"So that I can get money and buy my own things." I say with confidence.
"What do you want? I'll get it for you. There no need for you to have a job when you have the Luna role to play." He doesn't want me working.
"I want a phone. But you don't have to get it for me."
"I'll get you one. I have more than enough money to buy you one. Plus, my mate deserves the best."
"Would you act this way if you had a normal mate?" I ask in a soft voice.
"You are normal Harper." He has taking my hands in his.
"No I'm not! Don't even pull that with me! If I was normal then I wouldn't have been beaten my whole life!" I yell after we walk out.
"That wasn't your fault Harper!" We stop walking and face each other.
"Then who's fault was it?! If it wasn't my fault, if I wasn't the way is was they wouldn't have done it! You and I both know that's the truth."
"Harper! You weren't the only slave they had! When we attacked them we found more slaves like you were." We both calmed down a very little bit.
"That's a lie. They told me I was the only one. They told me that I was the only one who deserves to be treated like that."
"Trust me. You didn't." He says looking down at me and pulling me closer. His arms move from my forearms to my waist and I place my head on his chest. "Stop crying my love."
I wipe my eyes and we get into the car before taking off to the house.