five

obviously, jungkook never actually asked taehyung out for lunch, hence why he was so surprised when taehyung ran away from jimin with him, hand in hand

after sprinting out of the school building, they both collapsed onto the newly-trimmed grass of the courtyard, immediately letting more laughs and giggles out. 

the laughter soon died down, leaving the two males in a rather comforting silence. jungkook let a tiny sigh escape his lips as he laid down on the green surface side-to-side with taehyung, their shoulders brushing against each other. 

"earlier," jungkook began slowly, hearing the elder hum for him to go on. "why did you—" however, he cut himself off when he realized that he had no idea on how to phrase his question into the correct words.

but taehyung knew what the younger wanted to say, letting a small smile grace over his lips as he tilted his head to the side to observe the other's side profile. "to be honest, i don't even know. but i guess at that moment, it just seemed like the right thing to do," he answered, turning back to face the clear, azure sky above them.

"tae..." jungkook's eyes widened, completely taken aback by the lad's reply.

taehyung blushed furiously at his nickname coming out of jungkook's mouth. it sounded so different compared to when jimin would call him that, although taehyung couldn't pinpoint exactly what was so different about it.

the black-haired male noticed the lack of response and frowned. "i can call you that, right?" he asked hesitantly, his onyx orbs staring deep into taehyung's brown ones.

taehyung's heart drummed loudly against his rib cage, threatening to burst out any second now. quickly tearing his eyes away from jungkook's, he hastily got up from the grass and dusted off his jeans awkwardly.  

shit, why are my cheeks burning?

"y-yeah," taehyung stuttered out after clearing his throat. huffing out a huge breath of air, he spun around on his feet, glancing back over his shoulder at the grinning ravenette. "d-do whatever you want, j-jerk."

"great!" jungkook beamed in relief. taehyung's heart almost melted at that smile of his which displayed both of his large bunny teeth in the front. keyword: almost.

"so tae, how do you feel about an actual lunch date?"