Love Will Light The Way

"Are you nervous?"

"Are you nervous?"

"A little." Hailey answered Evie. It was Saturday, the day after their first turney match. It it was the day of Carlos and Hailey's first date.

"Don't be, you look amazing." Evie gushed as she took in Hailey's appearance. She had never seen her friend look so girly, and she was loving every second of it. "Carlos is gonna love it."

"You think?" Hailey has never been this nervous. She wasn't even this nervous when she accidentally broke one of her mother's hair clips. She got grounded for a month for that.

"Hail, you could show up in a garbage bag and he would still think you were gorgeous." Evie rolled her eyes at her friend. Everyone knew Carlos and Hailey had a thing for each other. They had just never realized it before.

"You might be taking a bit too far E." The red head moved away from her friend to look in the mirror they had in their room. "Wow."

"Amazing, right?" Evie sighed happily.

"Yeah." Hailey smiled at her reflection. She was always the one doing her mothers makeup. She was never the one getting her makeup done, and she actually liked it.

A knock on their door caught their attention. Hailey's breath got caught in her throat as she turned to stare at the door, her eyes wide.

"You'll be fine, H." Evie reassured her softly. She put a hand on her short friends shoulder and nudged her forward. "Your prince is waiting."

"He's not a prince." Hailey said with a playful eye roll. "He's a villain."

Evie chuckled before moving to sit in her desk chair. Hailey walked over to the door and opened it, revealing Carlos looking handsome as ever.

"Wow." Carlos said once he took in her appearance. "Hails, you look-"

"Amazing, I know!" Evie said from her chair. "That's what I said."