Chapter Sixteen

Jc's POV

I watched from the side of the street as the girl of my dreams sped out of the neighborhood, heartbroken I threw myself onto the grass in the front yard. I had never met someone who made me so happy before, something about her was intoxicating and I couldn't get enough of it. I sat up looking down the street at the house that had once made me smile, I watched as a strange man walked past the house stepping up into the yard and peaking in the window. I stood, running toward him, maybe he had answers for my questions.

"Hey man!" I hollered  causing the stranger to jump. "Umm what are you doing?"

"Just checking things out, umm can you tell me have you seen this girl?" he said turning, his face turning up into a smile when he saw me. "You're him!"

"I'm me, yes." I said confused.

"You're the boy from the video with her!" he exclaimed shoving a screenshot of the Olivia video in my face. "I need to find her! Do you know where she went?"

"Dude, she left. You just missed her. But she's gone, moving to another state!" I said sadly, like I wanted to be reminded by some creep about the situation.

"Shit!" He screamed getting into a black camero and driving off. Something about him didn't sit right with me, I looked over a noticed Olivia had left her door opened, I approached it with every intention to lock and shut it. Yet I couldn't bring myself to do it. I stepped inside, looking around at the amount of big furniture left in the house, when most people move they take their stuff, I thought. I walked around downstairs, I knew it was creepy but part of me didn't want to believe she was gone. I headed up the stairs, noticing that the picture frames lining the stair case were missing something. Photos, I had never noticed before but they all contained the sample picture that you recieve when you buy a frame. Entering the bedroom I noticed that it had been wiped out, all the clothing, small things were gone, strange. Walking toward the big window seat I noticed that Olivia had left a blanket sitting on the seat, I picked it up, it smelled of her perfume. I couldn't bring myself to leave it behind, I folded it carefully as an envelope fell to my feet. I was confused looking down and seing such an official envelope. Picking it up and breaking the seal, I had started to feel as if I was doing something wrong. Inside were multiple official documents; Alabama state license, passport, school records, etc. all with Olivia's face on them followed by the name Shyanne Monroe. She lied about who she was, I thought. I dug further in the envelope taking a seat on the floor spreading around the documents. One page seemed to simply be a story of Shyanne Monroe's life, another a map of the city of Birmingham. Lastly a page listing various names and legal shit with a place for a signature at the bottom, stating the signer agreed to the rules and contract set in place buy the United States Witness Protection Program. I was confused, reading over a packet of information I felt that I had no business being in. The last name on the list was Shyanne Monroe, the one above it Olivia Richards. Shit, somethings up, I thought, gathering the papers and running home.

"Hey Jc wanna get some lunch?" Kian said as I stepped inside. I ignored him running straight for my room, "Okay, fuck you too!" he hollered after me. I threw the papers down on the bed grabbing my laptop and going to google. I carefully typed in every name on the list, no history on any of them, a dead end. I examined the paper feeling as if I had failed, at the bottom under the signature line it left one last name 'Skylar Carson'. I held my breath as I hit search, hundreds of hits appearing before my eyes, titles such as: "The Carson family murder", "Brutal TN murder leaves one alive", "Miracle girl escapes death". I read them all carefully in shock of what I was seeing, could it be real, I thought laying back on my bed. It hit my like a ton of bricks, I put her face all over the internet, she left, a creepy ass man showed up at her house, and now this! "Oh my God!" I said out loud to myself.

I ran for the car, dialing Olivia's phone number as I drove. I had to make sure she was ok, even if the guy was nothing, it was still sketchy. My calls were ignored one after another, I sent text after text, finally resulting to leaving a voicemail. "Olivia! It's Jc here, ummm we have a problem! Don't think I'm creepy or anything but I kinda found this envelope in your house as I was scaring off this creepy guy and I think I understand what's happening thanks to google. I know I'm not supposed to know but I do! This creepy guy I think it's him! I think it's the guy! He's in a black Mustang call me back please!" I paused, "I love you Skylar."