Chapter Nine

"Here let me help you home," Jc said grabbing the bag out of my hand and replacing it with his hand. I had an overwhelming feeling of comfort, Jc really was the sweetest guy I had ever met. As we headed through the door, I felt his hand release it's grip from mine. "What are you doing tonight?" he asked placing the bag on the sofa.

"Nothing," I said without thinking.

"Let me take you some place special ok?" he smiled placing his hands on either of my shoulders. "I promise you'll love it!"

"Alright! When?" I knew that making the plans without Mel's direct approval was risky but I did it anyways.

"Umm leave here at about 7:30?"

"Sounds good, I'll see you then!" I said smiling as Jc headed out the door. My first date had already turned into a second. I laid on the couch giddy with excitement, only for it to be ruined moments later by Mel storming through the door. I sat up quickly as I saw his serious face.

"Do you realize that you did a great job today?" he smiled slightly.

"Umm what was that?" I was shocked.

"I have to admit, you did a lot better than I had thought. I'm proud of you, I do agree it helpped with the blending process."

"Great because Jc and I actually have plans tonight which will blend me even more! I'm gonna be so blended I may actually become Olivia Richards for real!" I said with excitement hoping he would buy into my plan.

"Olivia!" He placed his hands on his hips, "I don't know about that."

"Mel! I have to! If I don't I will look weird and I wouldn't be blended what so ever because I would lose every single one of the friends I made today!" I felt my eyes welling up with tears. "Mel please, I really like this boy, he makes me feel safe and at home. I can't explain it but there's something about him that makes me happy. I can't stop now, I need this, I need this sense of normality that I have lacked for so long!"

"Fine, I'll be watching." He headed out the door without even saying bye. I laid back on the couch tears streaming down my face, everything I had said was true. I wanted nothing more than to have some sense of normal life in my fucked up world. And Jc for some reason was everything I had been missing for the past few years of being other people. All of my emotions let out at once in full blown sobs, I was the strong one, I didn't need anyone. But for once in my life I  was realizing that wasn't true. I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up, put on my best Olivia Richards smile and pushed Skylar's fucked up life back into hiding.