Chapter Fifteen

Everything was packed and loaded up, I sat in the window seat of my bedroom too afraid to open the sealed envelope containing the information for my relocation. I stared out the window at Jc's house wanting nothing more than to run to him and have him protect me from the relocation, however at the same time I was upset by the fact that his video was the reason I had to go. I had wished for so many years to have been a normal teenager, to be able to freely live and not worry about anything. With Jc, it felt that, even if just for a moment, that my life was normal. I looked up to see Jc coming down the street on his board, holding flowers. My heart sank knowing that this might be the last time I would see him. I rushed downstairs in hopes of meeting him at the door, I swung it open to see him standing in the yard pointing to the van.

"What's that about?" he said confused.

"Jc, we need to talk." I had known from the amount of romance movies I had seen on Netflix that this was the signal for something serious so I had hoped it would help him realize the gravity of the situation.

"What's up?" he said stepping inside handing out a bouquet of daisies. "Here these are for you! I got you daisies, roses are too mainstream."

"They're perfect," I said tearing up, he was perfect.

"Dude! Were you robbed?" He said freaking out as he saw the lack of things in my home.

"Umm, no," I said slowly, "Jc,"

"Yeah?" he said looking concerned.

"Jc, I'm moving."

"Moving?!" he freaked out running toward me, saddened.

"Yeah, I have to move out of state. I don't really have a choice," I said tears streaming down my face.

"Where? What why are you just telling me now?" Jc yelled running his hands through his hair in anger.

"I don't know."

"I don't understand, what's going on?"

"Jc, did you upload a video today?"

"Yeah, it's Thursday? I did a short little video explaining to the fans that I had a girl in my life that I want to keep in my life. I answered a few questions about me and you. I wanted everyone to know that you mean a lot to me. Wanted everyone to know that I was planning on asking you to be my girlfriend today?" Jc exploded. "What's happening?"

"Jc, I really, really wish I could tell you but I can't! I just can't!" I yelled back.

"What do you mean you can't? You open your mouth and words come out, form it into sentences!"

"I just can't this thing is a lot bigger than you!" I screamed, crying harder.

"Is there someone else? I don't understand, did I do something wrong?" Jc said softly, wiping the tears from my cheek.

"You did everything right, you were perfect." I cried, "I'm sorry."

"Fine," Jc said running out the door. I watched from the doorway as he skated back home, I knew that they wasn't anything  I could do to stay. When the witness protection program says jump,  you say how high, when they say move, you pack your shit up and move your ass.

I went upstairs to grab my unread envelope, as I reached the top I heard two honks from Mel, knowing that was my signal to hurry, I just turned around and headed back down without thinking. With tears streaming down my face and a broken heart I grabbed my purse, and hopped in the van with Mel.

"It's supposed to get easier with time, time heals you know?" he said. I sat silent, we headed toward Jc's house as if I wasn't already emotionally wrecked already. Mel drove hastily around the corner as Jc jumped in front of the van, Mel slammed on the breaks.

"Wait!" Jc yelled refusing to move out of the way.

"Jc! What are you doing?" I yelled sticking my head out the window.

"Just give me five minutes? Please!" he yelled, still not moving.

"Go, five minutes!" Mel said pointing to Jc.

"What do you think you're doing? You could have gotten yourself killed!" I said jumping out and running up to him.

"Look Olivia, please don't go!  You can stay with me! Just don't leave!" Jc begged.

"I honestly have no choice, you don't understand the situation and trust me you don't wanna know."

"What can you tell me?"

"That I am moving, no I have no social media, no I can't call, write, or skype you, no you won't see me again, no I will never be back here again."

"What is going on?" Jc said confused.

"I'm apart of something bigger than me or you or even us. I can't even express how badly I want to tell you but I honestly just can't!"

"What am I supposed to do?"

"I have to push you away now, I can't stay here and I have to forget about you. So you have to forget about me."

"I don't want to forget you!" Jc was interrupted by a honk from Mel.

"I have to go," I said heading up back to the van.

"Olivia, please?" Jc offered as I shut the door.

"I have to, I'm sorry." I said sobbing as I rolled up the window. Jc stepped to the side of the road letting Mel drive through, raising his hand in a slight wave as we drove out of the neighborhood. My heart breaking with every mile I moved away from him. I couldn't explain what drew me to Jc, but something about him felt like home and after everything I had been through I needed that more than anything.