"Everybody is at the church already, they wanted to keep it as traditional as they could." Liam informed him, making sure the dozens of guards were guarding them just like Harry had ordered them.

"This is not traditional at all." Louis looked down at his belly.

"It is for the prince and queen." Lucy responded. "And it should be for you too. It is your wedding day, don't let anybody ruin it for you. Who cares what they say." She told him, surprising Louis and Liam when she had never raised her voice the way she had just done.

"Lucy's right, Louis." Liam gave him a warm reassuring smile.

Louis nodded and then took a deep breath when he saw the church getting closer and closer. The carriage stopped right in front of its wide wooden doors. Louis let Liam and Lucy get out first then it was his turn. He didn't realize how scared he was when he finally walked into the church. He no longer had his father, so it was Liam walking him down the aisle. He wouldn't have wanted his father there anyway, not when he was the reason he had ended up being miserable for four years.

He didn't have family there except Liam and Lucy. it was the best day of his life. Now he wanted to get married to the man waiting for him. Now he wanted to form a family with him and live happily ever after. Now he wasn't going to shed a tear, now he wasn't terrified anymore. Now he smiled when Liam joined his and Harry's hands then went to sit next to Lucy.

The church was full of queen anne's lace, a flower Louis had seen before. They were all white. Something that made Louis feel calm. A squeeze on his hand brought him out of his thoughts, and he smiled when he made eye contact with Harry.

Father Williams was quick to start the ceremony, saying a few words about Harry, Louis and their marriage. He then had them drink spiced wine from a fine chalice made of precious metals. It had been served by Harry, then offered to Louis who drank from it before Harry did. It represented a husband providing for his wife, and in their case, a husband providing for his husband.

They held hands as Father Williams blessed them and their union, under the word of their God. Louis furrowed his brow when a girl he didn't know, but guessing by her clothes was a noble, tied a woven ribbon out of many colorful ones around their hands just tight enough to keep them comfortable. Father Williams said a few words about bonds, then the ribbon uniting their hands was blessed and untied. Harry placed it in the same small box as the rings.

"It is done only by royals." Harry whispered on his ear. "It represents our unbreakable bond and marriage, the colors represent other things."

Years ago those words would have terrified Louis, now they made him happy and proud.

"Let us have a moment of silence." Father Williams said. "Let us take that time to wish the couple a happy long marriage till death does them part. To wish them healthy children and faithfulness."

Harry never let go of Louis' hand, not even when they were supposed to. Not even when Harry grabbed one of the rings and put it on Louis' finger as he spoke loud and clear.

"In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; From this day forward until death do us part." Harry proudly said, giving Louis a smile.

Now it was Louis' turn to put the ring on Harry's fingers, and once it was done, Harry would be his forever. Even when death did them part. Because not even that would separate them.

"In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; From this day forward until death do us part."

Louis knew those words, he had had to learn them along time ago. But now he wasn't afraid to say them and his voice didn't shake at all. His face wasn't wet with tears.