Cliff Burton

You were pretty excited for today. Today you were gonna be seeing your best friend cliff for the first time in 5 years. The last time you guys saw each other was around high school which you were already out of. You and Cliff had been friends ever since elementary school and through that time you may have developed feelings toward him but never really gave it that much importance.

You stood in front of your closet looking for something to wear. You quickly looked up and the clock which read 5:30. Shit!! You had to meet up with him at 6:00.

You quickly decided on a white t shirt jeans and a leather jacket You threw them on and ran out the door. You applied makeup in the car. You became an expert at that for always being late from oversleeping.

-

The bar wasn't that far away from where you were meeting up with Cliff. Soon you saw the huge sign and pulled into the parking lot. Your palms were clammed with sweat from gripping the steering wheel and being nervous. You shut the car door and took a deep breath.

-

You walked in and instantly recognized his red hair as he was sitting at some random table with a beer in hand.

"Cliff?" You said nervously. He turned around and a smile formed across his face as your eyes met with his. He got up and walked over to you.  He pulled you into a hug. Boy has he grown. He was way taller from the last time you saw him.

"Hey kid good to see you." He said ruffling your hair. For some reason he's always called you kid even as actual kids. You smiles and giggled

"Good to see you to Clifford." You said sitting down next to where he was previously sitting. He gave you a death stare then not being able to hold it anymore he just smiled.

"That's Cliff to you Emily." He said with a smirk. You chuckled and took off your jacket.

"Hey can I get you anything." The bartender asked

"Yeah uh water." You said cause you didn't really drink.

"Sure." The bartender said with a smile.

"Lame." Cliff said

"Hey I need to drive home after this." You said

"I'm just kidding Em." He said poking your arm.

-

Hours have passed so far it has been amazing. A smile hasn't left your face since you guys talked. You felt you could hear him talk for hours and still not get tired of it. There was something about him that just made him special. He was such an interesting guy and you loved almost everything about him.

"So yeah that's how James broke his arm from skateboarding." He said. You laughed and he chuckled at the memory.
You looked over at the clock and it read 12:00. You didn't even notice how much time had passed cause of all the fun you were having. You immediately began to feel sad you didn't want to leave.

"Cliff its midnight." You said

"Oh shit really?" He said looking toward it.

"Yeah." You said sadly.

"Aw I had a lot of fun though it was really nice to see you again." Cliff said with that smile you adored.

"Me to I really want to do this again." You said

"Its only midnight who said it has to end now." Cliff said

"What." You said confused

"Come with me I want to tell you something." Cliff said with his hand out. You thought for a second then eventually grabbed it. His hand was soft and your small hand fit perfectly in his. Soon you guys we're out of the bar

"Cliff what do you need to tell me." You said softy

"Emily I uh this probably isn't the best time but I wanted to tell you something." He said holding his your hands firmly in his.

"Cliff you know you can tell me what is it?" You asked looking him in the eyes.

"I - uh like you Emily a lot." He said looking away

"As a friend?" You asked

"No as my lover." He said seriously.
You froze you honestly couldn't believe it you liked him for a really long time but it wasn't so important till now.

"Cliff." You said but froze

"I-I like you to a lot." You said with a small giggle

"Really?" He said with a smile

"Yes for quite a while now." You said shyly

"Emily will you be my girlfriend?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Yes!" You said throwing yourself in his arms. He smiled and hugged you tightly as much as you didn't want to admit you've been waiting for this moment for a long time.

You soon pulled away. You stared into his eyes for a second. Without thinking you just pressed your lips against his. His lips and yours perfectly fit. He didn't pull away he just pulled you closer to him. Soon you pulled away

"I'm sorry that was so sudden." You said

"Its okay I enjoyed it " he said with a smirk. Soon that was an awkward pause

"I- I love you Emily." He said out of no where.

"I love you to Cliff."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

This goes out to frubain !!!
I'm so sorry for the super long update 🙈😭 . I hope you like it!!
☺❤👌