Chapter One: A Mission?

Sakura's POV

It was late when I walked out of the hospital. I could only see by the dim light of the moon and the light posts ever so scattered around the alleyways. My legs ached. I don't think I sat down once today at work, it was hectic in there. I sure hoped I didn't get any Charlie horses tonight.

Man, what a great ninja I am, I thought sarcastically, laughing to myself.

I wobbled my way to my apartment as my phone vibrated in my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Sakura, we have called you in for a mission. Please go to the Hokage's Tower immediately." I sighed, I hung up the phone not even bothering to reply.

Really? I just got off work. Plus, it's like 11 at night. Why in the hell is Lady Tsunade calling me in for a mission, I thought grumpily.

Still in my doctor's cloak I started wobbling my way to the Hokage's Tower.

I glanced at my apartment, aching to just crawl inside my bed and not even think about going to receive my mission. BUT, I knew that wasn't an option.

--

"Sakura-chan!" I heard a familar blonde yell, behind me.

"Hey, Baka," I said smirking as he caught up to my side. He was wearing a black t-shirt and some orange sweats. He looked like he just rolled out of bed.

"Did you get called for a mission, too?" he said smiling his goofy smile.

I nodded as we entered the front doors.

--

Naruto and I walked into the Hokage's office together.

"Hey Granny!" Naruto yelled.

"You needed us?" he said as we watched Lady Tsunade eyeball us from her desk.

"Yes," she paused, narrowing her eyes, "We are sending you two and Sasuke out on a mission, you will be leaving tonight."

"What?" I said taking a step forward. She got out of her desk and began pacing.

Sasuke opened up the doors behind us.

"Hey, asshole," Naruto shot a glare at Sasuke for coming in late.

"As I was saying, you will be leaving for the-" she got cut off as her phone began to ring.

My head began to pound. I was getting really pissed off.

I shot a glance at Naruto who looked as annoyed as I did.

Then I looked at Sasuke, who I saw staring right back at me. I blushed and looked back at Lady Tsunade as she hung up her phone.

Sasuke and I hadn't really talked much since he decided to come back. Neither had Naruto and I. We all kind of just went our separate ways, the thought made me sad.

Lady Tsunade cleared her throat snapping me out of my sadness, "You will be leaving to the Hidden Mist Village."

"Why do we have to leave so soon?" Naruto said, his tone sounding whiney.

"You are living tonight to retrieve an important scroll. We have made a deal with them to trade a scroll for a scroll." she leaned down into her desk and pulled out a small red scroll.

"Sakura, I trust you with this. This scroll can mean life or death for this village, and we still are in the process of repairing from the war. DO NOT LOSE IT." She said her voice rising a bit.

I took the scroll and returned to my place by Naruto.

"Dismissed"