Battle of the Boys

//: Welcome back to first-person present-tense. The Change in the last chapter was to show the difference in POVs and worlds. Anywhoooo I love this chapter, because it's so funny and cute. Hope you enjoy.

Dad leaves to go get a nurse so that they know I'm awake, and to leave Steve and I alone for a moment. "I heard you've been training a lot," I mention, dancing around the subject of the battle.

"Did you really mean what you said in the battle?" He asks eagerly.

"Of course," I answer, blushing, "I love you Stevie." He smiles. Immediately a nurse walks in and Steve steps away slightly.

"Look who's up," the nurse, a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent says. She messes with the monitors and equipment around me. "I'm going to need you to stay in bed for the next day or two. Really limit your activity level. We sewed you up and I don't want it to come undone.

"Can we take her to her room at least?" Dad asks the nurse. She bites her lip, "I suppose, but take her in a wheelchair." I can't help but grin. The nurse carefully takes off the wires and such while Dad gets a wheelchair. Steve carefully picks me up out of bed and sets me on the wheelchair. I'm still in my superhero suit.

Steve wheels me around the unfamiliar place. "Is this that place Tony said he was working on upstate?" I question, looking around. It's definitely a new Avengers facility.

"Yep. It's not completely done yet though, so this is our room. I hope you don't mind..." he states awkwardly. I laugh.

"Of course not. So are you guys up to hanging out? I have nothing better to do for the next day or so," I ask.

"Of course. It feels like it's been so long since we've been able to hang out," Dad says.

Steve's answer is a bit more hesitant. "I have training, so I can catch up later..."

Time to guilt trip. "Alright alright. Thanks Dad, I'd be so bored without you. I guess a girl's dad really is the most important man in her life. I only almost died and all." Dad grins, knowing exactly what I'm doing.

"Well... I guess I could cancel for today..." Steve suggests. I smile, giving him a hug from the chair. "Perfect. My two favorite guys,"

But Steve and Coulson knew it was on. Who could take better care of Hannah?

"Can one of you get me something to change into? Oh, and my phone, wherever that is?" I request, feeling powerless because I can't walk. Dad hands me my phone, and Steve gives me a pair of his sweatpants and one of his t-shirts. I wheel myself into the bathroom and figure out how to change without standing too much.

Once I'm done I look at my phone. A message from Brooke pops up.

Hey sis. I don't know when you'll be up, but I went to the West Coast to go see Newsies. I promise I'll be back asap!

Of course, she loves Newsies. I find myself humming to one of the songs. How do I even know this? She must've played it while I was out.

I wheel myself back out, and can't help but fall over (literally) laughing. Both of them are sitting up, next to each other in the bed. They rush to my side, asking if I'm okay. I wipe tears from laughing so hard from my eyes, and Dad picks me up, setting me gently on the bed. He winks at Steve; odd.

(1-0 Coulson)

"Alright... are you guys okay? I'm starting to think my dad is dating my boyfriend..." I trail off. They both laugh awkwardly and stare at each other.

"What do you say we watch a Star Wars movie? I've been meaning to catch up on pop culture," Steve suggests excitedly.

"Nah. How about Ratatouille? Your favorite," Dad tempts me. I grin, grabbing the Ratatouille case on the bed and handing it to him. He gives Steve a smirk.

(2-0 Coulson)

He sits back down next to me and I lay down, pressing play for the movie. This movie is so good, but it always makes me hungry. Come to think of it, I haven't eaten in days. My stomach growls absent-mindely and I ignore it, too busy watching the movie. Immediately Steve leaves and comes back in a few minutes later with popcorn.

"Yesssss popcorn," I exclaim, giving him a gracious hug. They eat some of the popcorn, but I end out eating the majority.

(2-1 Coulson)

As the movie starts to end, I lounge back on the bed and lay down, closing my eyes. The room is now mostly dark, because it took most of the day to watch the movie. I huddle a tad closer to Steve and his warm body, because the room is quite cold. My eyes start to close and I lay down, my head on Steve's chest. What a nice day.

(2-2)

My eyes quickly flutter open and I can see the other two guys watching Star Wars, probably about halfway through the first movie. I stay quiet but watch the movie, taking notice of how well Steve and Dad get along. "Wow! The effects in this are so good!" Steve says, amazed. I can't help but giggle softly.

"Sure thing Steve," Dad laughs sarcastically, smiling towards him. He looks down at his phone and gets up, lightly tapping my shoulder. I turn towards him. "I'm sorry sweetie: it's work. I wouldn't be going if it wasn't a big deal," he confesses apologetically.

"It's okay Dad, I know exactly how it is. Let me know how everything goes, and thank you so much for staying here," I smile. "You know what?" I ask teasingly, "I had the best day today. Spent with my two favorite men."

Steve smiles down at me and slowly gets up. "I'll see your dad out. Give me five minutes," he says, leaving the room with Dad.

"You know," Coulson starts, "I guess we make a good team."

"Yeah, we were so busy seeing who could be the best, we didn't even realize how well we work together," Steve inquires, smiling. Coulson starts toward the door of the mansion.

"Oh, and Mr. Coulson," he calls, stopping Coulson in his tracks, "I know I haven't been able to meet you formally like this... because of... reasons, but I just want to ask for your blessing-"

"Blessing? Isn't it a little too soon for that?"

"Oh, I mean blessing to date your daughter. She makes me so happy. We're nowhere near ready for marriage," he implies with a small laugh.

"Of course. You're a good man Steve. I'll talk to you later. Oh- and you might want to learn how to text: it's a lot faster," he suggests. The two share an awkward hug before Coulson leaves. Steve scribbles "texting" on his notepad.

"What was that all about? Sharing one last kiss?" I giggle. Steve shakes his head and lays down next to me, taking notice that I've turned on "Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses".

"You know, I'm really happy to have you back," he whispers, resting his head gently on top of mine. I can feel the smile on my face and drift off to sleep.