Meeting Peggy

I get off my plane and walk into the D.C. Airport. I like traveling publicly. It makes me feel like I'm not really a spy for a secret agency. But everyone's got problems right?

I call for a taxi and ask the drier to take me to the nursing home. I've made sure to dress nicely, of course. Peggy Carter has been such an idol to me. She proved that girls can be secret agents and do anything that guys can do.

I smooth my skirt, thank the driver, and walk into the nursing home.

"Excuse me, is there a Peggy Carter here? I'm not sure if she's listed under her maiden name, Carter, or her husband's last name." I ask.

"Yes, she's here," the lady responds, with an attitude.

"May I see her? It's very important." I request politely.

"She isn't taking visitors. Unless you're a family member, which you're clearly not."

Alright, time to lie. I bite my lip, "well excuse you, but she is my fiancé's great aunt, and I need to let her know the good news. Please." I beg.

"Fine, but hurry it up," she replies with clear frustration in her voice, "her room is right down the hall, 2nd door on the left."

I walk down the hall, extremely worried. What if she doesn't like me?

I knock on the door, and hear a woman's voice grant my entrance.

I grab the handle of the second door, and twist it open.

"Hello?" Peggy greets. I look in to see an elder last who must be Peggy in bed.

"Hello ma'am. I'm..." I look around to make sure there's no cameras in the room, "I'm Agent Coulson, also known as Blizzard."

~Flashback~

I smile thinking about my code name. I got it the first time I battled Agent Clint Barton. I was 17, and he was, well, quite a bit older.

He had the upper hand, so I made the floor icy so he would slip. He fell and couldn't stop looking between me and the frozen floor.

"Looks like I win." I told him, helping him up.

"Dammit. You're like some kind of human blizzard. Best two out of three?" He responded.

~Flashback over~

"So why are you here? It's not often S.H.I.E.L.D. sends someone out here," she asks curiously.

I think of how to tell her the news. I decide to just go for it, "well... we found your Captain in the ice."

"Are you sure it's him?"

"Absolutely. Do you want me to send him here sometime?" I ask her. It must be hard for her to finally get her true love back after so long.

"Only once he's adapted. I've lived my life already, it's time for him to live his."

I thank Peggy for her time and leave the nursing home, hoping to get back in time to catch some action at HQ.

---------------------------------------------

AN: alright another short one. I can basically only write from Thursday-Saturday but I really wanted to get something posted for you all!

We're about to jump right into The Avengers, which I usually hate in stories but we'll keep it short and simple.

I hope I can post again this week, but until then, thanks for reading!!!