Chapter 14 - After Noticing

It was Thursday and He Tian was feeling the most impatient he had ever felt in his entire life. He walked from one side to another on the rooftop, being watched closely by his brunet friend, Zhan Zheng Xi. The brunet wasn't really calm, but he was indeed less impatient than the black haired boy.

He Tian had two reasons to be uneasy. The first one, obviously, was Redhead. Since that very weird phone call on the Saturday, the redheaded boy hadn't made any contact with him, and this was driving him crazy. The second one was because Zhan Zheng Xi had decided to tell him he had also received a very strange call, but from Jian Yi. What pissed him so much about the second one was that the fucking brunet waited five damn days to tell him.

"Were you planning on telling me anytime? Or you really just said because I commented about Redhead's call?"

"I told you he was travelling, though. You didn't think it was weird."

"You never told me about the call!"

"I didn't think there was anything wrong, He Tian. He seemed quite convincing when he called me. I just noticed something was odd because of the e-mails. Even though it was really close to his way of typing, I could see it wasn't him."

"Which means Jian Yi is probably in trouble since Saturday and we had five fucking days to do something, but we didn't."

"Maybe he doesn't like me anymore and is trying to avoid me?"

"As much as I want to agree with you, we both know my call is probably the right one. Jian Yi is head over heels for you."

"And what about Redhead? You said something about a weird phone call."

"The little bitch said he needed time to think. HE KISSED ME AND THEN SAID HE NEEDED FUCKING TIME TO THINK. WHAT DOES HE THINKS I AM? FUCKING RETARTED?" He Tian snapped.

"Have you tried calling him?"

"No..." He took a deep breath. "Have you tried calling Jian Yi?"

"He said all those things about his mom being pissed because of our relationship, I was afraid of calling and making him have to spend more time away from me."

"Ok, I'm not retarded, but you sure are. Don't you know about Jian Yi's relationship with his mother? She doesn't give a fuck to whom he dates or not. The only thing she cares is if he's safe or not. AND HE CLEARLY ISN'T."

"He... He never told me that."

"That's why the mommy lie was so convincing, in the first place."

"But you bought Redhead's story as well."

"I couldn't know if he was lying or not. Guan Shan is a hard person to figure out. Dealing with him is like walking on eggshells, Zhan Zheng Xi."

"You should call him, just to make sure. And I should call Jian Yi."

"Don't!"

"What? Why not?"

"I have a tracker on Jian Yi's phone. If he's in trouble, we can get those people by surprise."

"Why do you have a tracker on Jian Yi's phone?"

"Can I explain everything later? I'll call Redhead."

------

"Mr. He, the redhead's phone is ringing." A gray haired man said.

"Bring it to me; little Guan Shan will pick up the call, right?"

"Yes." He mumbled.

"Oh my, look who decided to show up. Don't get your hopes up, Guan Shan, but it is my lovely little brother calling."