Chapter 09 - After Time

After a week, the three guys got sort of used to not having Zhan Zheng Xi around them at school. That day in special, a Saturday, there were at the rooftop, eating their lunches. He Tian and Guan Shan were sitting side by side, while Jian Yi was leaning his arms on the guardrail, his back facing the other two. The blond took a deep breath, extremely confused with something happening on the courtyard.

"Sometimes I feel like a third wheel, without Zhan Xixi here."

"You're not." Guan Shan said flustered.

"I just said it feels like it, Redhead, I didn't want to imply anything." He heard a huff. "There is a little thing bothering me."

"Which is?" He Tian was curious.

"Xiao bitch. It has been over a week she doesn't bother us."

"Her crush is Zhan Zheng Xi, it is normal she's quiet. Isn't it?"

"It should. But she visited the hospital only once, and it was last week, which means she's not bothering Zhan Xixi either." He exhaled lightly. "But that's not the point."

"What is it, then?"

"I don't know if you guys noticed, but I took a liking to observing the yard."

"We did." Both answered in unison.

"It started on Monday. Xiao bitch was being followed closely by a shaved headed guy. Tuesday it was a brunet with short hair. Wednesday it was a blond, also short hair. Thursday the shaved headed guy again. Yesterday the brunet with short hair again. Did you guys realize anything they have in common?"

"Besides being a quite common appearance on this school?" He Tian asked. "Nah."

"Are they the guys that were with me the day I tried to beat you up?" Redhead muttered.

"Yep." Jian Yi sighed.

"Are you sure it is not a coincidence?"

"I thought it was." Jian Yi made a short pause. "Until today." He pointed to the courtyard with his index finger.

"Let me see it." Redhead stood up and walked to the guardrail, looking at the place the blond was pointing at. "She Li?"

"First she was hanging out with the underlings, now she's with She Hi himself."

"They could be dating." He Tian shrugged. "He probably sent the underlings to protect her. The girlfriend of a gang leader is something valuable."

"I hope that's the case."

"I think I might agree with He Tian, Jian Yi. Especially after the things I've said to her."

"What did you say, Redhead?" Jian Yi's golden gaze met Guan Shan's auburn eyes.

"She came to me all pissed one day. It was before Zhan Zheng Xi's kidnapping. She was bitching about things like I should keep my boyfriend's tongue inside my mouth, so he wouldn't say useless stuff.

"Xiao was referring to me. It was last week's Monday." He Tian said, smirking when he saw Redhead's cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"I said to her she should be the one keeping her tongue inside someone else's mouth. Maybe she took my advice, I don't know."

"Let's hope that's it. We three know how much the two of them despise us. Well, she despises me. But I'm sure She Li hates you guys' guts."

"You think they could be planning something together?" Guan Shan asked.