Chapter 2: Sweet Scar-filled Memories

I was walking to the Cafeteria with Al when we heard a scream.

“What happened to him?” Al yelled when he saw Krory on the floor

“Mr. Krory here ate soba noodles all wrong. He thought the wonton was bread, the dipping sauce was soup, and the noodles were Italian pasta! He ate each of them separately, and ate the wasabi horseradish in one gulp!” Jeryy explained

“It was the worst thing I’ve ever tasted!” Krory cried with one hand clutching his throat. I successfully stifled my laughter at the whole situation while Jeryy attempted to calm him down.

“Kanda, you should’ve taught him how to eat it correctly.” Al scolded Kanda

“I don’t have time to babysit unlike you apparently.” Kanda huffed. He stood up and walked off ignoring the whole scene

Lavi walked into the cafeteria as Kanda was walking off, and called him Yu which made him pretty angry.

‘I should use that later…’ I made a mental note in my head

“Hey, Allen, Ali. Komui said he wants to see you two.”

“Yay! My first mission!” I cheered pulling on Al’s sleeve so that we could hurry up and go see what Komui wants.

~Time skip~

“You want me to act as a courier? So, I guess there’s no mission.”

“Yeah, so sorry to throw this on you so soon after you’ve returned, but I need you two to deliver this to General Yeegar in the Netherlands. He’s the oldest of the Black Order’s Generals, however he’s a boron solider who spend his entire career on the front lines.” Komui explained

“Ah…uhm…Can I ask you a question? Is this General Yeegar an eccentric person like my old master?”

“I’m not sure. The one I know for sure is that he’s very particular about manners, so you may want to study up on your etiquette.”

“Grandpa’s a really nice person, Al. I’m sure he’ll love to meet you.” I tried to reassure him, but he didn’t seem to be buying it.

 ~Time skip~

“I really don’t want to go on this trip. Why’d he have to pick me?” Al sighed as we were getting on the metal deathtrap people call a train

“I-It’s okay, Al. G-Grandpa’s a nice person. I-I d-don’t know what General C-Cross is like to m-make you this afraid of generals, b-but grandpa is n-nothing like him.”

“Why are you shaking like that?”

“Who wouldn’t be when you’re about to get on that thing.” I shivered when I pointed my index finger to the metal contraption.

“You were afraid of trains, right?”

“What do you mean ‘were’? It’s more than trains now too.”

~Flashback~

“Come on, Ali! We have to get on the train to go to the next town!” 7 year-old Al was trying to pull me on the circus train that was to be our new home and nightmare.

“I don’t want to get on that thing! Mana, don’t make me get on that!” 6 year-old me cried trying desperately to break free of my brother’s grip, and go hide somewhere.

“Red’s right. You can go to sleep, and we’ll wake you up when we get there.” Mana explained as he picked me up, and brought me onto the train with a smug looking Al behind him thinking he won. I’ll just let him play with the lions when the train stops.