Chapter 6✔️

"YOU'RE OFF TO GREAT PLACES. TODAY IS YOUR DAY. YOUR MOUNTAIN IS WAITING. SO GET ON YOUR WAY."
- Dr. Seuss

***

              "WHERE DID YOU SAY we were going again?" I question after having driven on this bumpy dirt road for over two hours and not stopping.

"The beach," he states, taking his eyes off the road for a second to glance at me.

"I know, but we've been driving for hours," I complain. "Why don't we just pull of somewhere for the night?"

"No, I'm determined to have a midnight swim," he smiles. "Plus, I think we're almost there; it's beginning to look familiar around here,"

"Thank goodness," I heave a sigh, rolling down my window to stick my hand out. "I need to stretch my legs,"

"I never took you for a complainer," he smirks.

"I'm not a complainer," I return his smirk. "I'm just impatient, that's all."

"Is that why you ran away?" he asks, his eyes holding amusement.

The question sounds like he's just teasing me, but I find it actually quite enlightening.

"Exactly."

***

WHEN WE ARRIVE at what I suspect was the beach Christopher was talking about, the sun is already setting in the distance; creating a beautiful color scheme of purples, blues, and oranges across the horizon.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" Christopher comes up to stand beside me, his hair blowing across his forehead in the wind as we stare out across the tranquil waters.

"Yeah, it is," I reply, distractedly.

I waste no time in kicking off my shoes and running down to the shore, sighing in content as the warm water washes over my feet in soothing waves. The sky is clear tonight, and my hair blows in the wind as I feel Christopher come to stand beside me.

"Where were you going that night?" I ask all of a sudden, my curiosity once again getting the better of me.

"I wasn't necessarily going anywhere," he mumbles, his eyes trained on the ground as he shoves his hands in his pocket. "I just needed gas."

"Oh," I chuckle.

"What's so funny?" he turns to me, confusion playing on his handsome face.

"Nothing, it's just, I can tell when someone is lying."

"I'm not lying," he argues.

"Whatever you say, Chris."

***

Heyy GUYS!!!! I feel like I haven't updated in forever (even though it's only been a couple weeks) because I have been extremely busy. Anyways, don't forget to check out the song above ^^^^ it's one of my favorites.
Love you guys!
- Mae 💙