~four~

JAMES HAD TAKEN Remus back to bed. It was only seven in the morning, but James nor Remus cared. Growing up under a heavy love and concern from his mother, James' first instinct was to get Remus comfortable and make him cup of tea.

Remus did not mind this at all; he was rather glad to be back in the safe enclosure his blankets brought, and a warm cup of old-style Irish tea was his favourite. He had stopped the raging rivers that seemed like they'd never stop flowing from his eyes. James' sympathy and his tranquil mindset gathered Remus back to earth. He was forever grateful of him.

No sooner had James scurried out the room to make tea had Sirius walked in, a mug of coffee in his hand.

"You doing alright, mate?"

Remus nodded, "Better, now."

"You're worrying me, Remus."

"Sirius I'm-"

"Remus," Sirius cut him off, putting his coffee on the nightstand. "I'm not kidding. I haven't seen you cry since the time we thought James fell off the side of the road when we were fourteen. It's alarming, I just want to make sure you're alright."

Remus looked up at Sirius. He loved him - platonically of course (excluding about four years ago but that story is lightly touched on). He knew Sirius was not joking, on the rare occasion that that happens. Contentment and gratitude settled in Remus' chest as the dark brown eyes looked in his rainy grey-blue ones with care.

"Thanks, Sirius."

"Love you, you cheeky dratsab," Sirius grinned as he picked up his coffee and walked out of Remus room, while James hurried in with the hot tea he handed to Remus.

"Here you are. I put sugar in it, of course, two spoonfuls because you like it sweet. Don't worry, I always remember everyone's favourite tea additives," James took a seat next to Remus on the bed. Remus chuckled.

"Have you ever thought of getting a job as a barista or something? You'd do great. And probably make loads more money than you do now." James scoffed, in fake offense.

"Me? A barista? Instead of getting to travel around with my best mates and write sappy love songs? Never!" The boys shared a laugh, as Peter burst into the room.

"Sirius said you weren't feeling well but you're better now and I just wanted to check up on you," Peter said frantically. Remus had a smile plastered on his face now.

"I'm much better, thank you, Peter."

"Oh, it's nothing. I'll be off now, gotta run down to the store and pick up more eggs," and he hurried away.

James shifted himself and stood up.

"Well, when you're done with your tea, come and join Sirius and I while we wait for Peter. We want to write new stuff. But don't get out of bed until all that tea is gone," James said, walking out.

"Why all? Have you drugged it?" Remus called after. James popped his head back in,

"I think you've had enough of that." Remus snorted to himself whilst James made his way back out to the kitchen.

And Remus finished his tea more contently than he had ever before.