~two~

"Cheers, darlin'. Here's to you and your lover boy."

AND REMUS LUPIN
downed another shot of raspberry flavoured vodka - his fourth one tonight. The band's show had been quite successful; their largest turnout in Manchester yet had exhilarated the boys tremendously. It had run smoothly, no knicks in the process, and everyone seemed on top of the world, overflowing with contentment to each their own. Remus never wanted the night to end.

Until he had seen her. He tried to ignore her dazzling beauty, as he continued to strum his guitar almost carelessly. But the thoughts of the one girl he'd never get plagued every inch of his mind, turning his insides to rot.

He no longer wanted to continue. He wanted to either run off somewhere and hide his sorrows, shelter himself from the harsh reality that she just didn't want him, or to take her in his arms and show her the world, give her anything she wanted, for her to be his. He couldn't bring himself to look at the crowd the rest of the night, frightened by the possibility of having to see her fluorescent charm and be swallowed by despair. Still, he thought of her endlessly.

Ivyanne Morris.

Sat alone in his room, the name rang deafening in his ears. How graceful it sounded when it rolled eagerly from his tongue, yet it bastardised him each time he dared to utter it. How lovely it looked when he wrote it on paper in fine black ink, yet it sickened him to see it in front of him.

As the name replayed through him, her bubbly-pink aura came into focus. The rosy tint that flustered her freckled cheeks, the dazzling autumn-hazel eyes that pierced all she saw in such a gracious manner, the wavy locks of gold-brown hair that fit perfectly into place when they fell over her shoulders. She was utterly beautiful. Remus couldn't help but wallow in her beauty.

If she's ruining me, how much worse can this vodka be?

Remus contemplated the half-empty bottle of alcohol, deciding he might as well take another. So he did.

Again.
And again.
And again.

Again, until a fourth of vodka was left when Remus chose to put it away. Barely bothering to screw the lid back on, he pushed the bottle aside and looked down at his hands.

They were underwater. They moved to and fro, along with the blunt he lit and had yet to finish. His bed seemed to rock, and everything in his bedroom had come alive. It all moved to a rythm, to a beat that chanted;

Ivyanne, Ivyanne.

Back and forth the bed went, gradually becoming a boat braving the sea. The water swayed under him, waves occasionally dared to soak him. Looking into the deep blue, Remus could make out a face; one he knew too well. One he yearned for yet despised with every ounce of his being. The one with the bubbly-pink aura, rosey cheeks spattered with freckles, golden-leaf eyes, and shiny brown hair that was always to perfection.

"Oh, Ivyanne. How beautiful you truly are," he spoke aloud to the empty, churning sea. Remus swore he saw a smile flitter across the girl's lips, but it was short lived. Her face dissolved into the sea foam of the waves; the waves that now violently rocked the boat that Remus sat helpless upon.

The water crashed against his boat with massive force, so powerful a leak had sprung. Remus could do nothing. He sat and watched as the boat collapsed from underneath him, the sea gushing in and taking over. He was to drown. He was sure of it. The water kept coming in its blue-black colour, salted by the endless waterfalls that poured down his pale cheeks.

Remus could not stop it, no matter how much he wanted to end it. Before he was aware of what he was doing, he was calling for help.

Pick up, pick up, please pick up.

She would not answer to his desperate pleas. He called again and again, only to no reply. Calming himself slightly while taking in the wild shipwreck, Remus knew he had no chance as he rang her again.

Then, the call went through.

--------
•ungh get ready for another sad chapter brought to you by yours truly