Chapter 25 - I Am a Vampire

Start from the beginning

And, when I came here, to this town I was in search of my soulmate. I came to this town to look for her. I didn't think I would be successful, but then, I met you. I met you, and you made me feel like no other girl has. You made me feel whole.

Yeah, we didn't get along at first, but once we did, I couldn't get you out of my mind. I found out that you were my soulmate. I knew I couldn't tell you, because I was afraid of this." He gestured,  "I knew you wouldn't believe me when I told you, but I need you to. I am in love with you. You are my soulmate." He finished.

I couldn't believe my ears. This couldn't be real.

"This is very real." He said. Damn it, he read my mind.

I knew that I was in love with him to, but, I didn't realize that the feeling was like this.

"I can't believe this is real." I said, looking around.

"Yeah," Was all he said.

"I have a question." I said.

"Go ahead."

"Do you have to bite me?"

He sighed, and slowly nodded. "Yes."

I didn't even really have to ask. I knew he did. I could see it in his face.

I sighed. "I don't want to do it. But it has to be done." He said.

"Maybe it won't be so bad." I tried to be optimistic.

"I wish that I didn't have to do it, though." He shrugged.

"You love me right?" I asked.

He silently nodded.

"You would never hurt me, right?" I said. He nodded again.

"Then, do it." I said.

He looked at me if I'd grown a second head. "Do what?"

"Bite me." I said and tilted my head to the side, moving my hair out of the way.

He stood back quickly. "No. I-I can't."

"Look Nathan. You said that you had to. Do it, and get it over with." I said.

"I don't want to hurt you." He said.

"You wouldn't hurt me." I grabbed his hand.

He ripped his hand away. "You don't understand."

"Understand what?"

"I may not want to hurt you, but that won't stop me from possibly hurting you. I can't control myself around a human. Not even a human who is my soulmate. There's no telling what could happen if I bite you." He said sternly.

"But you said that a vampire couldn't hurt their soulmate if they tried."

"That's true, but it's not me who would be trying to hurt you. That would be my vampire instincts kicking in and god knows what happening."

"Can't you take control?" I asked.

"Yes. And that's what I'm afraid of. Your blood is...in lack of a better word, dangerous."

"What do you mean?" I was growing nervous.

"Your blood. Don't take this in any sort of manner, but it is, how do I say this," He paused. "Ecsatsy."

"I'm still confused." I said.

"It kills me to not have it." He said.

That's when it clicked in my mind. "Oh." He nodded, not responding.