Heat

(I know males don't go into heat but oh well, its a story)

He felt the same feeling that he feels everytime his heat comes around, the uncontrolable urge to protect what was his, unlike others when he was in heat he didnt want sex he just became territorial and lord help anyone who tried to come near him when he was in heat.

He switched to his preferable form, his fox form and paced around the room. The scent...her scent...she never left, he growled and laid in the floor waiting for the young girl to walk down the staircase.

The small maroon haired girl walked down the stairs and saw the giant fox in the living room, in some aspects it looked like Thomas, she'd heard about kitsune's in school but she had no idea Thomas was one of them, as soon as she stepped off the stairs he snarled and snapped at her, it freighted the young girl but she hesitantly walked to the male tears perking at the corners of her eyes.

He didn't want to hurt her, if he bit her she wouldn't heal quickly and could face death so he tried to control himself but the urges were strong, he couldn't keep it up much longer. She put her hands on the sides of his face and spoke softly "Thomas, its ok, please don't be mad at me"

She was brave and didn't cower, Thomas's eyes softened and he knew from that moment that he would protect this little girl with his life, the first person to ever show him pure unrequited love.

Mariska then curled up to his side petting him softly slowly falling asleep. Thomas looked at the small girl and wrapped his tails around her forming a cage of fur to protect her and keep her from getting cold then laid his head back on the floor and fell asleep.