Parents-2

"Why was she talking about your mother Tee?" Abraxas asked.

"That's..." He said still seeming a little distracted, but he soon came to his senses, "none of your business." He sat back down.

"How come you never mentioned that she was your sister?" Evan asked frowning.

"I thought I'd told you..." Théo started to say but Tom snickered and they all turned to look at him.

"She's smarter than you Théo, that's why you didn't want us to know about her." He said simply.

"And I'm proud of her for that, it does get on my nerves...especially since summer." He remembered how his father had definitely greeted his sister more warmly than he, he had even taken Lena aside to talk to her in separate. Something that seemed to please Lena.

Tom looked right at Théo, as if trying to figure out what he was talking about but nothing. He shook his head.

"What happened this summer?" Tom asked with false enthusiasm, looking back down at his book.

"I thought we both promised to not ask questions about each other's parents Tom?" Théo said, referencing the private conversation they'd had in their first year.

"Touché, so it had something to do with one of your parents did it?" He asked again.

"Yes, and if you'd like to know why why don't you try your legilimency? Oh don't play innocent Tom, we all know you do it don't we?" Théo reclined in his seat and Tom eyed him suspiciously, everyone else looked at him confused, "no? Well I guess only I figured it out then. There's only a number of times you can guess my favourite things without me getting suspicious as to how you knew them."

"As a matter of fact Théo I don't pry into other people family matters, I'm not that cynical." Tom said smugly.

"Well that's just fine then isn't it." Théo said, the way the two spoke to each other sounded like they had a silent war going on between them, like they both knew too many of each other's secrets while at the same time not knowing any at all.

"Well...um Théo how did you do that magic before, turning off the lights? You made everything so dark there wasn't even enough light for your eyes to adjust to it?" Antonio asked.

"Family trick, it's a secret. Though not to you Tom, is it my friend?" Théo tapped the side of his nose then smiled at Tom, who seemed to be getting rather pissed off at Théo.

"I don't know what you did this summer Théo, but you've come back with much more confidence than you are capable of, if I were you I'd tone it down a bit. Before someone gets hurt." Tom raised an eyebrow.

"That's not a threat is it?" Théo asked and Toms face broke into a rather sinsister yet handsome smile.

"Merely a warning." He said and looked back down at his book, where his head remained for the rest of the journey to Hogwarts.

"Looks like we're here." Abraxas said looking out of the window, he'd learnt to ignore Tom and Théos little arguments, they were two of the smartest wizards in Hogwarts and although Tom almost always won the arguments, Théos had become braver this year. And none of his friends could decide if it would end well or not.

Tom hummed in acknowledgment but didn't look up from his book as the rest of the carriage exited into the platform.

Tom stayed on the train, full well knowing he had at least twenty minutes before the carriages lead by the thestrals started moving. And he was determined to finish this book before he got back to school. Only one chapter left.