Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I never was this girl. In fact I never really had an actual boyfriend before. I mean yes I have liked someone before and hung out with him but no, none of them wanted to have the pleasure of having the title of being my, dare I say it, BOYFRIEND. None of them were man enough to just simply ask. But here I was walking down the street, holding hands, with the coolest person I have ever met.

After school, Liam asked me if wanted to go to the street fair with him and his friends. Yes, I did say yes, but don’t be so quick to judge, he has like special powers or something. You look into his big blue eyes and he controls you. I didn’t even realize what I was doing when all of sudden I heard myself say “I would love to” like what! I never love to do anything! I’m one of those brooding types who keeps to herself. Ever since mom left, I was all about staying out of school activities and focusing on my family. So I didn’t really have that much experience in the social aspect of life. Before you go jumping into conclusions no I am not socially awkward. I just never really try to go out, I usually just go straight home from school.       

 Anyways, Liam and I fell back from the group and we were sort of alone. That’s when he grabbed my hand. Oh, when he touched me I legit felt a spark. He had already won me this blue tiger stuffed animal. Can we just take a moment and look at how great my life is right now. This totally cute guy just won a stuffed animal for me and it was only the second of school.

“So, what made you want to move to Florida?” Liam asked me

“Oh, my dad’s job. They transferred him here, only God knows why.”

“Well I’m glad.” He said with a smile. Oh my god. My heart just melted.

“So… got any siblings?” I quickly tried to change the subject

“Yeah I got a little sister, Well half sister. She is 3. My Mom’s kid. You?”

“Just a little brother. Me, Luke, and my Dad. Its been just us three for a while.”

“Your Mom?” he asked going into marked off territory

“umm..”

“Sorry. I shouldn’t have asked. Its really none of my business.” Liam sincerely said

How he was so understanding made me want to tell him even more.

“She left us.” I heard myself saying. God why do I always do that. He looked into my eyes.

“She’d rather spend time on her job, than with her actual family.” I finished.

It was silent for a couple seconds before he said “My folks split up too. Don’t get me wrong she still lives here in Maybrook, but its different. She has another family. I guess she just wasn’t happy with my dad, the control freak.” He smiled.

“The principal…” I said without thinking. CRAP

“What.” His eyes grew big. DOUBLE CRAP!

“I…umm…”

“Were you eavesdropping, clumsy?”

“It wasn’t on purpose ok!” I tried defending myself. Then he did something unexpected- he laughed.

“Ok so I’m the principal’s kid. Is that a problem?”

“Well…” I said jokingly

“Hey!” he said

“No. Its not a problem. Unless you make it one.” I said all sassy. Man I was on a role.

He laughed again.