#7 Is this a game of 20 questions?

Is this a game of 20 questions?

The party is in full swing now, people coming and going, the horrid smell of alcohol and smoke around the house goes perfectly with the booming music. Nick wasn’t some billionaire, hell he wasn’t a millionaire either but he did have some money to his name. This house wasn’t where he lived; it was an old house, abandoned in the woods that got restored and bought by Nick’s family. It’s his party house that he shares with his older brother. It wasn’t totally elegant but it had its traits- the white, the windows, the staircase that leads you to the front door; the traits.

“Jamie, round the gang up- we’re about to host a game of ‘dare or dare’”

“How much have you had to drink?” She asked looking at me slightly concerned.

“A couple of beers, now shoo and get people” She hurried off after that. I dragged her around the house looking for the perfect room to play it in. It had to have a closet incase a ‘7 minutes in heaven’ dare is thrown in but it couldn’t be full with people- empty for the perfect atmosphere. Also, the music can’t be drowning everything out in the room either and this room was upstairs and the quietest room there was.

Just as I finished downing the rest of my bottle of beer, Nick, Chase, Jack and Cal walked in, “why are we secluding ourselves from the party?” Jack asked, I don’t really know him that well, hell I don’t think we’ve ever had a conversation!

“For a game”

I placed the bottle on the ground on its side to be spun and ushered the boys to sit down around it. Soon after, Jamie walked in with Sav and Reece and two girls from my math class who I think were called Chloe and Mel.

“Perfect, sit down guys then we can play” I said chirpily, hoping that somehow they will enjoy the game better than dancing and becoming death at the same time and having people randomly giving you drinks with god knows what in it.

“What’s the game?” Mel asked taking a seat next to me.

“Dare or dare”

“So…you have no option but to do a dare?” she replied, looking confused. “Doesn’t that defeat the purpose?”

“Nope,” I said popping the ‘p’. “If I spin the bottle and it lands on Cal, I’ll dare him to do anything.” I looked around hoping that people were listening and keeping up. “But if he refuses the group decide on a better dare that he can’t refuse” Some of the guys smiled like they had thought of perfect dares for someone. “Ready?”

The muttered ‘yeah’ and ‘suppose so’ that sounded around the group let the game begin. I spun the bottle, it landed on Jamie.

“I dare you to…oh I got one! Go up to a guy and girl who are making out and make a giant scene” She looked at me like what-the-hell but I shrugged it off and we all followed her out into the party to watch it all unfold.

“How about them?” Reece pointed out, I nodded and pushed her towards where he was pointing. She turned around and hoped for us to say ‘you don’t have to’ but we just smiled and waved at her innocently.

“Babe? What are you doing?” she asked loudly, making the couple to break off the kiss.

“Who are you?” the girl spoke.

“Why do you think my man would want a whore like you?” she said, starting a fight. If this gets violent, I’ll go and intervene.

“Who are you calling a whore?” the girl shrieked in hurt.

“You” she replied in a ‘duh’ tone. “Babe, what a lovely shade of lippy you’re wearing- slut collection?” The guy looked at her dumbfounded. He opened his mouth to speak but Jamie raised her hand to cut him off. “I don’t want to hear it- we’re over and I’ll make sure that everybody knows what a twisted cheating bastard you are!” She shouted before stomping back to us looking flustered. “I hate you” she said in a joking tone aimed at me. I held my arms up in defense then we followed everybody back to the game.