Losing and gaining friends

Middle school was hell but High school was heaven. When I began High school I lost a lot of friends mostly because I changed while they stayed the same. I wanted to travel and have an adventure. I started listening to different music then them. I started hanging out more around other people. I wanted more out of life. I quit girl scouts and Karate. I joined book club and gained a new best friend. I stopped being a kid but I still acted slightly childish. I dyed my hair and started wearing boyish clothes. I stopped caring what people said about me. I remember meeting my best friend like it was just yesterday. I was in the library and I was bored so I decided I wanted a piggy back ride. Jumped onto a stranger and ended up tackling them. She cursed at me and I decided I liked her so I asked if she wanted to be my friend. Turned out that she liked me too.  We have been friends ever since that day. I gained more friends and started hanging around the JROTC building with them. They put up my annoying attitude and my weird habits. They have told me constantly that I am their best friend and it is true. I try to listen to them and be a good friend. I may not always say the right things but I have their backs and they have mine. It is strange how life works out.