District 1 Reaping: Glamorously Cowardice (Under Serious Editting)

"Silly!" Joseph squealed as he danced around on the sixteen-year-old's bed. He was much too excited for Silver's liking. It was clear the little 8-year-old was over whelmed with the fanatics of the glorious day that roamed the streets and, all in all, was happy to be crushing his sister as he bounded about on her silky sheets.

"Jo, shove off." The girl's muffled mutterings were drown out by the screaming of her young brother. She knew, if she were ever going to get out of bed alive, she'd have to show some discipline to him. She raised a hand and swung, knocking the boy's legs out before he knew what hit him. He fell face forward onto the mattress, crying out in more surprise than pain. "K.O" she grinned.

Silver Hye sat up in bed. The happiness and excitement radiated from the girl as she smiled, exposing her pearly whites, and swung her legs from under the cream sheets. She left her brother lying on the bed, groaning, his face submerged into the blankets and pranced out of her bedroom, her feet bouncing with the same enthusiasm as her heart was beating.

In the hall, the window was wide open, and gleaming sun light felt as if to shatter the fragile air. Silver marched up to it just in time to see the flags go up a while away at the square. The square that, in a couple of hours time, she would claim her glory. It was all like something out a cheesy film. The happiness and cheeriness throughout the entire nation - well, the entire district - even spread throughout the weather. The air was heavy, but not too thick to be bothered by. Despite it being only Spring, it was like Summer had arrived already. The sun was shining and maybe even had a smile in it's burning surface. Or is that a bit over the top?