04 - parents

↤↤↤↤↤ ↤↤↤↤↤ ↦↦↦↦↦ ↦↦↦↦↦

When Sian finally steps out of the bathroom she sees Peter sitting on the floor with his back against his bedroom door making shadow animals on the wall across from him.
He stops his shadow animals when he hears the bathroom door open and gives Sian a shy smile.
"Anything interesting happen while you were in there?" He realizes what he said and smacks himself on the forehead. "That was stupid," he stands up and scratches the back of his neck embarrassed.
Sian laughs, because if he only knew and Peter, unaware of why she was actually laughing, grins at her sheepishly.
"You have a nice laugh," he says, smile never leaving his face; until he turns his face away from Sian's view and runs his hand down his cheek like he's embarrassed by what he said.
"Thanks," she answers back, unsure of what else she could say.
"Do... do you want to come in, and maybe talk a bit?" He asks, gesturing to his room, moving his hand to the back of his neck again awkwardly.
"Okay," she agrees, and Peter opens his door and lets Sian enter first before following after her and closing the door. Sian quickly notices that the broken alarm clock has disappeared.
"So, you tell me your story. I'll tell you mine?" He suggests, closing the door. He takes a seat on his bed and pats it to let Sian know she can sit down too.
She slowly complies.
"I've never known my mom, she died giving birth to me and my dad... overworked himself to death trying to provide for me when I was eight." Sian takes a deep breath to keep herself from getting upset from her memories and glances at Peter.
"At least you knew he loved you... my parents disappeared on me," Peter said looking down at his hands.
"I'm sure they loved you, they must have had an important reason for leaving..." Sian replies softly.
That's when she notices the tears in his eyes but he was refusing to let them fall. He frustratingly wipes them away and tries to smile for her.
Sian didn't know what she could do to comfort him and impulsively decided to hug him instead of saying anything else. Peter seemed caught off guard before he hugged her back.
Once they pulled away from each other Sian had a deep blush on her face from feeling a bit embarrassed. Peter sighs and leans back on his elbows.
"So, what's your favorite color?" He asks, brown eyes staring into hers.
She almost answers with brown and laughs at herself inside her head.
"I really like the color green, what about you?" She smiles and waits for him to tell her his favorite.
"Green is cool, I like blue and red." He responds and Sian has a thought.
"Oh, like Spider-Man! I wonder what it's like to swing throughout the city." She puts rests her chin in her hand, staring off into space for a moment.
"You've... seen him?" Peter asks carefully, Sian doesn't notice.
"Once," she shrugs, "when he passed overhead after some thief. It was pretty cool." She smiles enthusiastically at Peter and he slowly returns it.
"I wish I could have seen him," he says.
"Maybe you will." Sian grins.

↤↤↤↤↤ ↤↤↤↤↤ ↦↦↦↦↦ ↦↦↦↦↦

Edited 2021